Stripper clips

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
Sebastian21

Stripper clips

Post by Sebastian21 »

SKS stripper clips work in model 8 in 25, 30 and 32 caliber. You get two 5 shot clips out of one full length SKS stripper clip. you need strong fingers to push down. Had to widen clip feed lips about .004 which takes about a minute with a dremel tool. Do not know what value these have. Easier and just about as fast to load one at a time.
TRX

Re: Stripper clips

Post by TRX »

I'll pick a few up next time I make an order. The Model 8 isn't particularly easy to load; I can see why JMB provided for stripper clips...
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

I have posted this several times before, but here it is again. Load the Remington model 8 or 81 with the ammo VERTICAL, not horizontal. Push straight down on the ammo at the rear of the magazine and lean it forward. The magazine will almost suck it in. I can load a rifle this way probably faster than most people can load a stripper clip. It is also much easier on the fingers this way. People years ago learned this trick and threw the stripper clips away. Now, why do you think they are scarce and expensive. Don't be a sucker and buy stripper clips for these rifles. Just load it as explained and you are good to go.

Be safe and enjoy life.

ROB
curdog

Post by curdog »

Rob - you are right on. That's how I do it. Easy as can be.
Sebastian21

Post by Sebastian21 »

Robopump is correct. I tried the stripper clips and they are more of a pita then just standing round up, push stright down and it will fly into the magazine.
bigeasyEt

Post by bigeasyEt »

I tried the stripper clips from 7.5 French ammo that I use on my MAS 49/56 and the rounds fit loosely, but fit. The slot on the top of the model 81 fit perfectly with the stripper clip. I may squeeze in the tabs on each side to tighten things up a bit.
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

If one must have stripper clips (known in more refined circles as "exotic dancer clips") for one's 35 Rem or 300 Savage, M1 clips work like a charm. For my small caliber rifles I employ the above method of loading.
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.
#capitalG

Post by #capitalG »

In my limited experience using m1a/m14 clips for a 300sav model 81, bad clips (grip ammo too tightly or fit in the bridge too tightly) are better than no clips.