New Member Introductions
Fishhawk

Post by Fishhawk »

Just like to say hello and introduce myself. Just got my 81 a few days ago. Got a chance to shoot it today. What a thumper! Can't find any ammo for it. Got three boxes from bass pro for a whopping 108 dollars! Wow, guess reloading is the only way to go with these rifles, only problem is components are just as hard to locate. Couldn't get used to the peep so it has to go. I did better with regular sight. Also rifle would not lock open on last shot. Not really familiar with the system so I will have to research. Anyway, glad to be a part of the forum. I'll post pic of the rifle if I figure it out.
Last edited by Fishhawk on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
81police

Re: New member

Post by 81police »

good lookin springpole ya got there!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Hardrada55

Post by Hardrada55 »

What caliber? .300 Savage, i'd guess by the "thumper" remark.
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
Roger

Post by Roger »

Sir, welcome to our forum. The members here are all very helpful if you need assistance with your new rifle. I may be interested in your peepsight if you are going to sell it. My email address is in my signature box below. Don't pm me cause I never look at that. Contact me if you want to sell it.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Fishhawk

Post by Fishhawk »

Rifle is 35 Remington. I was shooting the leverevolution ammo. Steel buttplate was not kind to my shoulder. I didn't get through 40 rounds before I had enough. This rifle feels worse then my 300 win mag did.
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Yeah, my .300 Savage has a Remington installed recoil pad and it's still quite lively on the shoulder of your humble correspondent. .35 Rem is no daisy either.
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Good looking rifle! Now, it's time for you to dig into the take down and field stripping procedures - do some searching on this site, you'll find plenty of resources to help you there if you are patient.

This is THE place to go for these great guns - glad you dropped in!

And enjoy the "thump" of the .35 - when you get your first .300 Savage (you'll soon learn about Jackitis :lol: ) THEN you'll get a "new" thump for your shoulder to get used to.

Enjoy!

Adam Lee
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.