Vintage Hunting Picture with a Model 8

Hunting pictures of your Remington Autoloader
S and S HUNTCLUB

Vintage Hunting Picture with a Model 8

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Here's a vintage hunting picture of two Michigan hunters with a whitetail buck and one of the hunters is carrying a Model 8. I had not seen this picture to date here on the site and I thought I'd share it with everyone. It was originally posted in the Detroit News.

Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB
Attachments
Vintage Model 8 Deer Picture from Detroit News.jpg
Vintage Model 8 Deer Picture from Detroit News.jpg (87.88 KiB) Viewed 13037 times
81police

Re: Vintage Hunting Picture with a Model 8

Post by 81police »

Oh boy this is a ultra cool picture! Do you mind if we post it in our gallery section? How cool it would have been to see how things went down that day!

Thanks for sharing S & S! :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post away Cam! It's a very nice vintage hunting picture. Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB
olskool

Post by olskool »

what would be cool is to see it in color. i think i know who this man was, if it is who i am thinking of. i saw a story on the net told from his grandson. the man with the guns name was martin. he was born in another country, if it is the same man. his model 8 was a 25 cal. if i can find the story i will post it. if that is the same man he is in a lot of photos.
I have never harvested an animal, but I have killed quite a few.............
S and S HUNTCLUB

Hello olskool, That would be great to hear back about whatever you may be able to drum up on these guys. I do not have a color photo, so the black & white is all you have to go by, regarding identifying the gentleman in the picture. Looking forward to hearing what you can find out.

Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB
olskool

Post by olskool »

i know this is a real late response to Bob at S&S hunt club about the man in the photo, but if you look at this link http://www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1979 you will can read the story about who i believe to be him and his gun.
olskool

Post by olskool »

here is another link from vintage semi auto forum about him. http://vintagesemiautorifle.proboards.c ... rs-model-8
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

olskool wrote:here is another link from vintage semi auto forum about him. http://vintagesemiautorifle.proboards.c ... rs-model-8
This whole thread convinced me to make .25Rem my next orphan to acquire.
I mean really - this dude spent decades hunting everything from porcupines to elk with a .25 Rem?

How cool is that? Basically, it means he was a great shot and probably spent plenty of time shooting all his life. Love the story on that link you sent, olskool!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.