wanatim

Buffalo arms 30 Rem for sale

Post by wanatim »

Heads up....Buffalo arms has Loaded 30 Rem. For sale. 150 gr RN
Adam Lee

Re: Buffalo arms 30 Rem for sale

Post by Adam Lee »

wanatim wrote:Heads up....Buffalo arms has Loaded 30 Rem. For sale. 150 gr RN
Yes, it does show that they have "ample stock" of .30 Remington 150 RN - however, as an experiment, since I don't have a .30 but a .32 I ordered some .32 Remington 170 GR RN from them earlier this month. They said "backorders OK" so who knows when....but if they made a run of .30, they should eventually make a run of .25 and .32 IF enough folks make orders.

Guys! Go on and make some .25 and .32 orders!...ok that's enough of my cheerleading effort for one day.

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
gwg35

Post by gwg35 »

Adam Lee I was told that they would make a run of 32&25 later this year !! :D
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

I hope they don't run out of .30 before Friday.....
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Adam Lee & other budding reloaders...as discussed in the past you are home free if they have 30 Rem in stock. Simple to neck the 30 Rem cases up to 32 Rem or down to 25. Unless you are concerned about it not having a headstamp that says 32 or 25 there shouldn`t be a problem so order away and get to shooting!!!! I`m wondering if the ones that BA offers are not just resized 30 Rem anyway.

Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

bandersnatch, wanatim,

did either of you guys order any of the buffalo .30Rem in 150 grn? As of today (4.30.15) their website still shows as available, ready to ship. However the price seems to be 60 per 20 rds.....which I hadn't noticed a few weeks ago.

the "backorder OK" .32Rem in 150 grn RN is listed at 36 for 20 rds, IIRC - which I randomly decided to order as a test of my patience.

someone besides me - since I have no .30Rem rifles yet, just .32Rem - please report back if you've successfully made a recent purchase!

I know I'll be asking Carl, Roger, Joe, etc. to buy any empty new brass they come across now that I'm able to buy some for future reloading. Should have gotten those 50 cases of brass a year ago from ya!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

I've got 100 rounds incoming. Should be here in a couple of days.
81police

Post by 81police »

Please post your opinions on the Buffalo Ammo here, I'm considering some too
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Okee dokee.
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Tomorrow we'll see how it shoots.
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Aaaaannnd, they're sold out!

Hmmm, looks like they raised the price right before it sold out. $60 per box and $54 per if 5 or more bought. When I ordered, 10 days ago, it was $50 a box and $45 if 5 or more.
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Bandersnatch,
(I don't know your actual name so until I do - I'll be referring to you as BS, LOL - JK!)

I was looking at those headstamps, which appear to be "real" old R-P/Remington-Peters stamped. Do outfits such as Buffalo Arms just gather and collect used brass, run it all through the tumbler/resizing process, and essentially reload en masse to create a limited run of our precious .30 or .25/.32 Rem for us?

This may be a dumb question. I thought that this might actually be "new" ammo, from brass to bullet, but if Remington-Peters is the headstamp, I figure it must be tumbled/recycled.

Clue me in, BS!!

Adam
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

I have 30 REM ammo available on GunBroker much cheaper than $60.00 a box of 20.

Just search for Remington model 8 81 30 REM

Be safe and enjoy life.

ROBOPUMP
xtimberman

Post by xtimberman »

Adam Lee wrote:Bandersnatch,
(I don't know your actual name so until I do - I'll be referring to you as BS, LOL - JK!)

I was looking at those headstamps, which appear to be "real" old R-P/Remington-Peters stamped. Do outfits such as Buffalo Arms just gather and collect used brass, run it all through the tumbler/resizing process, and essentially reload en masse to create a limited run of our precious .30 or .25/.32 Rem for us?

This may be a dumb question. I thought that this might actually be "new" ammo, from brass to bullet, but if Remington-Peters is the headstamp, I figure it must be tumbled/recycled.

Clue me in, BS!!

Adam
Buffalo Arms tells me that the component brass for their loaded ammo is "fresh" new stuff. Most of it is from limited runs from the major brass manufacturers (Win., R-P, Starline, Fed.), plus some from Bertram, Jamison (AKA Captech Int.)...and some particularly scarce cases are formed, swaged, stretched, and/or trimmed in-house from new brass from all those sources. R-P must've recently completed a "seasonal" run of .30 Rem.
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

20 rounds of this Buffalo Arms .30 Rem. About 5 inches high at 100 yards, which is just my sights. Group was OK, and as the barrel got hot it went to heck. The last 3 rounds are after I adjusted the sights, and as you can see they're all over the place due to the hot barrel. Feeds and functions just fine.

I'm glad I went ahead and got some and kind of wish I'd bought more, but it was a little spendy. At 3 bucks a pop I got to amuse the other folks at the range by crawling under benches looking for spent brass.
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Can`t blame you for crawling around under benches to gather up the brass considering what you have "invested " in it. $3 a bang is pretty steep for sure to get some brass. So now you have a stash of good brass and with a little more investment your cost to go bang can come down. Listed below are links to what is available to do it with the minimal investment. Addition to the list would be a powder scale.The digital ones on Fleabay run about $20. Also add $20 for case preparation tools (primer pocket cleaner and chamfer tool for the case mouth)

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/382697 ... uctFinding

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEE-90244-CLASS ... 35e3ee8df1

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/100917 ... uctFinding

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/130112 ... uctFinding

For a little more "investment" you can add a set of dies and a press later but the above Lee Loader will load the 30 Rem brass you have just fine.
Link to press and dies below. Probably do better on price of the dies by keeping a lookout on Fleabay or other online auctions for a used set.

http://www.amazon.com/Lee-Precision-50t ... B00162RM3E

http://www.buffaloarms.com/30_Remington ... x?CAT=4039
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

thanks for the shooter's testing BS! Glad to see you are willing to "show the money".....we all appreciate it.

Joe, thanks as well for the links to the reloader's stuff - that's where I'm headed, for my .32, .35, and .300 Sav eventually.

Aw, just go ahead and add .30 to the list....30 Rem that is - I'm sure that will be my next Model 8 or 81 since I need another "orphan" besides .32!!

Adam
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

OK folks - I did the opposite version of buying the Buffalo arms ammo, so I think I should start a new thread (once my ammo comes in) - I got a couple hundred rounds of old nickel-jacketed .32 Remington on auction. Half of it is in boxes missing lids, half of it is in beat-up boxes...but the ammo looks very clean.

We'll see! As I said, when it gets here I'll start a new thread - 'specially cuz it's .32 Rem-UMC old stock not new-made .30 Rem Buffalo.

My test gun will be a 1923 Model 14 pump.

Adam
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Adam, Sounds like a good score. We will be looking forward to the photos when you receive them. With a couple hundred this will give you a good stash for reloading in the future. As I have cautioned before about "old" ammo watch for splits of the necks. If you start getting them stop shooting them. The brass is too expensive to destroy with one time bangs. You may be lucky and shoot them with no problems. Being prepared to salvage them if you do have problems will require a bullet puller. The inertia type are the least expensive . I know (I Hope) that by now you are collecting reloading supplies so just add a bullet puller to the list. Think I mentioned in a previous post that several boxes of old 30 Remington I acquired had the necks split when I shot them in one of my Model eights. I pulled the bullets,annealed the necks ,reloaded with the pulled bullets with fresh powder and primers and no more splits. Some of those have been reloaded three or four times without issue. Nickel jacketed ??? Hope to see photos of them soon.
Joe
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Sarge756 wrote:Adam, Sounds like a good score. We will be looking forward to the photos when you receive them. With a couple hundred this will give you a good stash for reloading in the future. As I have cautioned before about "old" ammo watch for splits of the necks. If you start getting them stop shooting them. The brass is too expensive to destroy with one time bangs. You may be lucky and shoot them with no problems. Being prepared to salvage them if you do have problems will require a bullet puller. The inertia type are the least expensive . I know (I Hope) that by now you are collecting reloading supplies so just add a bullet puller to the list. Think I mentioned in a previous post that several boxes of old 30 Remington I acquired had the necks split when I shot them in one of my Model eights. I pulled the bullets,annealed the necks ,reloaded with the pulled bullets with fresh powder and primers and no more splits. Some of those have been reloaded three or four times without issue. Nickel jacketed ??? Hope to see photos of them soon.
Joe
Sorry I quoted the whole text Sarge, but I was too dumb this AM and all I wanted to say was that annealing looks like a bit of an art form, after having done research/reading about it. What method do you use, Joe?

Also I want to mention I really appreciate your reload tips, since yes I am new and beginning this aspect of my gun hobby. I do plan on being careful with this old ammo as I try it out, and after each round I will inspect the cases for cracking, bulging, distortions and so on. But that is part of the hobby - something I find interesting to me.

Thanks guys!
Adam
81police

Post by 81police »

Hey Bandersnatch thanks for following up and posting all the pictures of the Buffalo Arms ammo.

It appears this is very good quality ammo and would fit well with somebody that just intended to hunt occasionally. I think I second what others say about shooting higher volumes then reloading would be the way. I rarely shoot 30Rem or 32Rem so I might consider some of this myself. Thanks again!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

81police wrote:Hey Bandersnatch thanks for following up and posting all the pictures of the Buffalo Arms ammo.

!
Not a problem, bossman. I like to think I can help out occasionally in our odd little hobby. :)
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

And as to reloading, I now have everything I need to reload .30 Rem since my .30 Rem trim/form die came in. Midway has them as well as the die sets. I promised myself I'd only take up one weird caliber a year so I'll have to wait till next year to take up .35 Rem.