Length of pull question?

Posts about the Model 8
In The Ten Ring

Length of pull question?

Post by In The Ten Ring »

Does 13 & 1/8 inches sound right from the trigger to the edge of the buttstock? (Shotgun stocked model, like an Auto 5).

Thanks!
Sarge756

Re: Length of pull question?

Post by Sarge756 »

Would depend on "Who" is shooting it. When trying a new one ; place butt in crook of your bent arm and your bent trigger finger should be about centered in the trigger guard. To me it is a matter of personal preference. I tend to prefer a shorter length of pull. Had a youth model 1100 20 ga that I shot well and wished I had held on to.Can`t remember now what I traded for.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
In The Ten Ring

I realize this is a preference sort of thing but I am about to buy another Model 8 and want to know if the length of pull on it is original of if it's been shortened.
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Sorry....It was wee hours of the morning when I read the post.Saw the A5 part and was thinking shotgun. The 13 1/8 sounds about right. I don`t have an 8 with the shotgun butt but measured an 81 with it and it was 13 1/4. Doesn`t look like the one you are considering has been cut.
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
In The Ten Ring

Sounds great. Yes, I am going to buy 1 more and then be done for awhile. Thanks.