Went ahead and hit "buy now."

Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
In The Ten Ring

Went ahead and hit "buy now."

Post by In The Ten Ring »

So I am might have paid too much but I decided that I could always say "I bought it too soon." :mrgreen:

Once I receive this and the other Model 8, I'll be up to 3 weapons, all .35 Rem and .300 Savage calibers. I'll let you guys know more once I receive these.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =462966910
rem81auto

Re: Went ahead and hit "buy now."

Post by rem81auto »

In The Ten Ring,
I am not a Doctor nor do I pretend to be one on TV. I am thinking you have just now been diagnosed with " Jackitis " :lol:
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Pretty, Clean, Original. Nice one

Congrats :mrgreen:
Phyrbird
SOKY
Rock Biter

Post by Rock Biter »

Had my eye on it. Nice buy. Looked pretty good. Wonder what the repair code was for? Maybe it was for putting on that sweet sight. Enjoy
jim18611865

Post by jim18611865 »

I think that is pretty close to what it is worth.
I paid $600 for mine is similar condition in .32.
I got 90 round of ammo, but yours isn't in an obsolete caliber, and that sight is a $150 upgrade.

I think you did OK. Besides, it is only money. I am confident you will make more.
I am also confident there won't be any more Model 81s made.
In The Ten Ring

Thanks guys. I have passed up weapons I came to regret not buying. All of those would be dirt cheap at the same prices now.

I await the shipping total since I requested it be shipped in a rifle case. I have a C&R which makes things a lot more convenient.

A few days later S&S Hunt Club sold one just like it but with a detachable mag and mounted scope for twice the price of mine. How it goes! I'd like to get one with a mounted scope at some point.

Yes, I do think I have "caught the bug" but I wanted a Model 81 in .300 Savage last year so when I saw that one, I went for it.

Pretty soon I'll have to start reloading. I have a Lee Anniversary Kit I bought back in 1998 (!) but I have never unboxed it.
In The Ten Ring

I received the rifle yesterday and it's a beauty! I just ordered some ammo too and I'll let you guys know when I do a range report.

I also bought a new camera so as soon as I get a memory card I'll get some pics up.
Shooter5

Post by Shooter5 »

Nice! Hope to see some more pics.
Conducting Full-Throttle Ops as a Tier 12 operator doing Daddy Duty at Fort Living Room
In The Ten Ring

Once I catch a break, I'll get you guys some good pics. I have a camera now.