Remington Settles 700 Trigger lawsuit

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Sarge756

Remington Settles 700 Trigger lawsuit

Post by Sarge756 »

A few days ago I posted a link re recall of Remington pump shotguns due to a slam fire problem. The recent settlement of a long fought lawsuit concerning defects of the 700 triggers should also be of interest . I`m sure many of us here own some of the rifles affected in addition to our beloved old 8`s and 81`s. As a shooter and collector I was aware of the controversy of the 700 triggers and though never owning a model 700 have used great caution when handling one owned by others. What I was not aware of is that the defect is not limited to just the "700" model but covers others that I have owned. Please note in the text at the end of the link what model rifles are included. We were just talking about a "gifted" 722 and 721 here the other day and they are both listed as well as others. Take a look and see if you have one in your stable.

Joe

http://gearscout.militarytimes.com/2014 ... ettlement/
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
imfuncity

Re: Remington Settles 700 Trigger lawsuit

Post by imfuncity »

Thanks Joe, I was not aware of this at all.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine