Model 8 35 Rem Stripper Clip Alternative

Posts about the Model 8
ZakBradshaw

Model 8 35 Rem Stripper Clip Alternative

Post by ZakBradshaw »

So, the original clips are too expensive to reasonably have for actual use. I have read online that the Argentine Mauser clips will actually work, but I have no personal experience with them. Can anyone confirm this? The 8 clips are $50+ and the Mauser clips are $1.50. Hopefully they do work!
S and S HUNTCLUB

Re: Model 8 35 Rem Stripper Clip Alternative

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Yes sir, The 8mm Mauser clips work perfectly for the 35 Rem. & 300 Savage calibers.
Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB
ZakBradshaw

Post by ZakBradshaw »

Great! I just ordered 4 clips to use with my rifle! Does anyone know where to get 35 Rem ammo? I just want to get some 200 grain Core-Lokts. Everywhere I've seen is out of stock.
Fred

Post by Fred »

At a gun show a couple weeks ago I found one box of Winchester .35 Rem ammo with only 7 rounds remaining for $7. On the shelf a month ago though I found 160 rounds of Hornady Leverevolution n the shelf ($34 a box post-tax). Seems that the Hornady is the only thing really in circulation right now.
ZakBradshaw

Post by ZakBradshaw »

Yeah, I have seen a couple places with the Hornady stuff, but I just want some cheaper stuff to shoot. Hornady is good ammo, but is overpriced. Especially for what I need. I also have a Marlin 336C in 30-30. I'm debating on trading my 30-30 for a 35 Rem Marlin, but I want to get a good stock of ammo first.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Yes, the Hornady isn't cheap. Honestly, I'm not sure any of it is anymore. But if you reload then a box or two of the Hornady should provide some brass to keep feeding the 8 until a 'seasonal' run of 35 Rem brass or the old Remington and Winchester ammo hits the shelves again.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey fellas,
My experience with hornady leverevolution ammo is pretty extensive. I've used it in factory loadings,and reloaded many calibers with the bullets and powder.In most of my rifles,they have all been quite accurate and very deadly on deer.I've used factory rounds in 35 rem.-32 win.spec.-and 30/30 wcf. All very good with dead deer to prove it in all 3cal. I've loaded their powder and bullets in 35rem.-32rem.-30rem.-300savage-32win. Spec.-30/30wcf-44magnum-45Colt-357 mag.---It doesn't matter to me what they cost. They work well,so it just depends what you are looking for.If you find ammo in the caliber you are looking for nowadays,then buy it. It's probably not gonna get any better any time soon. We are under fire on all fronts.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
ZakBradshaw

Post by ZakBradshaw »

Yeah, I'm not much of a hunter. I bought this more for an addition to my collection with the occasional range trip. I will probably just start reloading for it. Anyone have 35 Rem brass laying around they would part with at a good price?
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Brass for .35 just takes some web-surfing in a few gun forums to find. The .30 Rem is another thing though.
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
olskool

Post by olskool »

ImageImage i get all mine right here :D
I have never harvested an animal, but I have killed quite a few.............
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Very nice "Wildlife Heck Station".... ;) Hope to get mine up and running this year.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
In The Ten Ring

Post by In The Ten Ring »

S and S HUNTCLUB wrote: Yes sir, The 8mm Mauser clips work perfectly for the 35 Rem. & 300 Savage calibers.
Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB
EXCELLENT NEWS. I um, have a lot of 8mm stripper clips. :D
VTRem35

Post by VTRem35 »

I'd love to hear how they work. I've been intending to buy a couple dozen of them, but just haven't pulled the trigger yet
Are yours one piece or two piece? Brass or steel?
Thanks,
Kendall
In The Ten Ring

Post by In The Ten Ring »

There was something like 10 million rounds of Turkish 8mm imported into the US around the year 2000, all of it on stripper clips.

I'd suggest finding some of that and maybe getting an 8mm rifle as well. 8-)

*Ammo is corrosive, www.empirearms.com has instructions on how to clean afterwards.