Remington Model 30: the forgotten soldier

Other great Remington rifles
Adam Lee

Remington Model 30: the forgotten soldier

Post by Adam Lee »

Feel free to add your own assessment of this gun to this post, but I just had to bring it up. The Model 30 Remington bolt action has to be one of my favorite and most elusive Remington rifles that I'd love to capture - especially in condition such as this one, just freshly auctioned on GB.....missing a bolt was it's only negative, but still!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... 755493#PIC

Nice rifle here - I will edit my post in the future (soon!) with my own hosted images so the GB link won't be necessary. But please, check this thing out - what a sweet rifle.
Anyway, in Remington's bolt action history, the Model 30 deserves mention. Finding one in .300 Savage or .35 Remington would be "Holy Grail" territory, IMHO.

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Sarge756

Re: Remington Model 30: the forgotten soldier

Post by Sarge756 »

Appreciation of this other Remington model is shared by many here. I shot the one pictured in the below link to the post last week with a couple model 8`s and an 81. Jury still out as to which rifle produces the most felt recoil. Think it was close to a tie between my 30 Express and a model 81 in 300 Savage.
Our good friend and much missed member ,Jerry (Sighthound), posted a reply in that thread sharing his insight and knowledge of the model 30. Worth a look just to hear him speak again.
As to that one on GB the selling price looks to have been pretty fair. 17 Enfield bolts are not that scarce.
Joe
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2245
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."