SAAMI drawing

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
jim18611865

SAAMI drawing

Post by jim18611865 »

Does anyone have the .32 Remington SAAMI drawing in pdf?

I may actually start making cartridges for mine. I plan on shooting it for the first time this weekend.
Wish me luck.
There is someone on gunbroker now selling loaded ammo for $170 for a 50 rd. box.
Sarge756

Re: SAAMI drawing

Post by Sarge756 »

I would say the GB guy is joining the crowd that is selling 22LR ammo for five times what it should bring. Supporting gougers only keeps this cycle going. May he have ill luck with his sale and may a thousand camels relieve themselves upon his opportunistic head.
I`m wondering why you are looking for a SAAMI drawing to fashion 32 Rem and what parent case you plan to start with? The easiest and foolproof method is to neck up 30 Rem cases .Just run the 30 Rem case through a 32 sizing die, trim to length, load it and go shooting. I still have some new 30 Rem cases available if you would be interested. They are $43 for 50 shipped for members of the Great8. That is what I paid for them plus a small flatrate box to ship them.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
jim18611865

Post by jim18611865 »

Sarge,

I may take you up on it.
Someday you will run out though won't you?

When I find something I like, I may shoot it a lot. (not as much as a shotgun though)
How many rounds do you guys put through one gun in a year?
I guess this is why we buy a lot of guns, to spread out the round count to different guns.

My plan was to get a mini lathe (something I want anyway) and turn down 30-30 cases then re-size them.
I have 90 loaded and 10 empties at the moment. So I plan on reloading these first.

I would like to eventually load cast bullets assuming the gun runs well.

Jim
Fred

Post by Fred »

How many rounds do you guys put through one gun in a year?
I've got a cast bullet single shot carbine that I'll put maybe 1000 rounds through a year and another long range bolt that will see another 1000 or more. Low pressures make the brass last many reloads. Neck-sizing and annealing the necks extends the service life greatly. This is where nice dies can help you make the most of hard-to-come-by components.

I doubt I'll put many through my M81 though. I'm tinkering with a cast load that, once I get it to pattern nicely, I'll shoot some, but mostly I'd like to take it hunting.
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Just check my previous post:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3177&p=10389&hilit= ... ab9#p10389

And the link: :D

http://stevespages.com/page7d.htm

Warning there are downloads on his links that are probably monitored; don't download stuff that will get you in trouble. :evil:
Phyrbird
SOKY
curdog

Post by curdog »

I don't think you need a SAAMI drawing to do the cases. I just made some .25's from .30-30, and they work well. Can't read drawings anyway.

I ran them into a 7X57 die with no neck expander to start the process, then ran them into the FL sizer, but just far enough that they will headspace on the front of the shoulder - it has to be fireformed out to the Remington chamber. The rim gets mowed off next, and a new extractor groove cut. A quick anneal, then a fireform with Unique and cornmeal. Most of them didn't need a trim. Neck thickness is within spec. And we're done.....