Model 8 & 81's in movies?!?

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
81police

Model 8 & 81's in movies?!?

Post by 81police »

Hopefully y'all can help me. We're going to attempt at making a new article exploring the usage of Remington Model 8 & 81's in film. John Henwood made a fantastic list of movies in his book that'll help get us started. Beyond the following list below, do any of y'all know of other movies the Model 8 or 81 can be found?

Ride the High Country (1962)
Dillinger (1973)
The Rocketeer (1991)
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (2008)
Public Enemies (2009)
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Rock Biter

Re: Model 8 & 81's in movies?!?

Post by Rock Biter »

I know I am new to the site, however I believe I saw either a Remington model 8 or 81 in the movie Mighty Joe Young (1949). It was in an African scene when some men went to talk to the lead female role visiting the ranch. Several men were carrying rifles. They left their rifles by the gate as the lead female role told them she didn't want any rifles inside. Just some insight. Thanks.
81police

Post by 81police »

Great eyes! Although I have not seen this film, John Henwood did mention it in his book. Thanks for the heads up and confirmation!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Packmule

Post by Packmule »

the move "the last of the Hard Men " with Charles Heston has one one the Rack in his house, 'the Philadelphia story ', There is more will have to check my list I spot them all the time watching old movies and freak out my wife can't stand it lol

RSA Member
German Gun Collectors Association

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Carbine Williams with Jimmy Stewart.