Finally Have My First Model 8!

New Member Introductions
ZakBradshaw

Finally Have My First Model 8!

Post by ZakBradshaw »

I have been looking for a Model 8 in 35 Rem at a reasonable price. I finally found one! I found it at a local gun shop and got it for $399 out the door! It's in good well used condition. The receiver and barrel jacket numbers match and it was made in November 1926 based on the jacket markings. It has a repair code (?) "AAA3. What does this mean? The barrel jacket has a slight dent that I would like repaired. Where can I find a set of original style sling swivels? The jacket has the tapped hole.
jack1653

Re: Finally Have My First Model 8!

Post by jack1653 »

Hey ZakBradshaw,

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on getting your first Model 8. The 35 is a great caliber and you can still buy ammo for it. The AAA3 is a repair code and that code says it was returned to the factory in March of 1954. There are several members who have parts on Gun Broker that may have what you are looking to find. The S and S Huntclub offers parts and Bob may respond to your inquiry. "Robopump" has parts available and so does "robertthebruce" also known as "remcrazy" here on the forum. Good luck and if we can help with other questions, just give us a holler.

Regards,

jack1653
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Good for you and I second Jack`s comments. The barrel jacket dent you described has been discussed here a few times. Several ideas short of an expensive shotgun barrel dent removal tool were brought up. Turning down an oak dowel or aluminum rod to proper diameter and forcing it through seems to be the ticket. Enjoy your new 8 and if not able to find the parts through those suggested by Jack we will keep on the lookout for you.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Sounds like you got a great deal, congrats. :mrgreen:
And Welcome....
Phyrbird
SOKY
ZakBradshaw

Post by ZakBradshaw »

Thanks guys. I have a project Model 8 that I have been piecing together. I think I will finish it out and give it to my dad for Father's Day. He is the one who got me interested in these rifles and now he's jealous that he doesn't have one.