What's up with uploading pictures on this site.

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
ROBOPUMP

What's up with uploading pictures on this site.

Post by ROBOPUMP »

I have loaded lots of pictures before, but my last two attempts (today and about 10 days ago) failed. Keep getting a message that the file is too large. I fused them down to 180 dpi and still too large. ???????? Is it my machine or the uploader???

ROB
Adam Lee

Re: What's up with uploading pictures on this site.

Post by Adam Lee »

ROBOPUMP wrote:I have loaded lots of pictures before, but my last two attempts (today and about 10 days ago) failed. Keep getting a message that the file is too large. I fused them down to 180 dpi and still too large. ???????? Is it my machine or the uploader???

ROB
here's my test...which turned out to be a 280 kb file size. Rob, this was a quick map I made of the where I walk my dog in the morning.

hope you have more luck with the uploads - FWIW, I never do it this way for images. Normally, I link back to my online photo album hosted by Google.

take care!
Adam
Attachments
nutmeg and me_1.jpg
nutmeg and me_1.jpg (280.78 KiB) Viewed 4189 times
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

Here is a test by me. Hey, I walk the two boxers every afternoon. Maybe about a fourth the distance you do. They have lots of distractions though.

Looks like a stolen picture did come through, but I still cannot get any of MY photos to load. I have loaded them before with no problem. I went down to 50 dpi before it was small enough to upload and it was just a bunch of colored squares.

I sell on GunBroker and had trouble with their uploader at one time, but that has been resolved. It just takes your photo and resizes it for you.

ROB
Attachments
$_57.jpg
$_57.jpg (252.3 KiB) Viewed 4171 times
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

So, now why is the message and picture so big that you have to scroll the screen sideways to see it?????

ROB
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

ROBOPUMP wrote:So, now why is the message and picture so big that you have to scroll the screen sideways to see it?????

ROB
Ever figure out what was up with the file sizes and picture uploads?

As an aside, I find that oftentimes when one piece of software/hardware doesn't always play off another the way I usually expect it to the solution eventually presents itself when I've already moved on to something else.

In other words, the "I figured it out!" moment happens when I'm working with something quite different - like when I realized how I was going about making online text resources "available" for students to view wasn't going to function properly until I went through several steps - but I had this "epiphany" while I was doing the laundry.

Anyway, I like the parts diagram. Even if it makes me scroll side to side.

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.