A Great Model 8 Merry Christmas!

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
81police

A Great Model 8 Merry Christmas!

Post by 81police »

From everybody here at The Great Model 8, we hope y'all have a safe, warm, and merry Christmas! This makes 4+ years of thegreatmodel8.net, so thank all of you who participate and bring so much insight to our forums.

Since "A Christmas Story" was one of my childhood favorites, we have a tradition here of "doctoring" up a photo for the website. Here's a few from years past...DON'T SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!!

I hope during this holiday season, we're all reminded of how blessed we are, whether enjoying family, friends, food, or that we're even alive one more day. For those of us who know Jesus, may He be the reason for the season.

Matthew 1:21
"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
Attachments
CHRISTMAS 2013 IT'LL STICK!.jpg
CHRISTMAS 2013 IT'LL STICK!.jpg (318.07 KiB) Viewed 15919 times
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
81police

Re: A Great Model 8 Merry Christmas!

Post by 81police »

pics...
Attachments
CHRISTMAS 2010.jpg
CHRISTMAS 2010.jpg (189.15 KiB) Viewed 15918 times
CHRISTMAS 2011.jpg
CHRISTMAS 2011.jpg (158.36 KiB) Viewed 15918 times
CHRISTMAS 2012.jpg
CHRISTMAS 2012.jpg (359.83 KiB) Viewed 15918 times
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
bigdipper

Post by bigdipper »

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone here. To the administrators, a special thank you for making this site available and so full of great information.

bigdipper
Roger

Post by Roger »

Once again I made a post on this topic and it didn't stick. I'd like to know if it's my machine,me or the website. This has happened at least 3 other times. So here it is again.
Thank you Cameron,for posting these great pics. I love them and can't believe what a great job you did with them. Also thanks for all your work on this website,I'm really glad that you continue this site.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone here on this forum.
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Hardrada55

Post by Hardrada55 »

Merry Christmas to all!
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Fellow Members and Guests,

May each of you experience the Joy of Christmas and remember the birth of our Lord and Saviour. I wish each and everyone a very Merry Christmas and a joyous a prosperous New Year. May we each make new friends and acquaintances and be kind to one another. I hope that each and everyone of you can find those things that make life worth living. May God Bless each and every reader of this Forum.

Kindest Regards and Seasons Geetings,

jack1653
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

+1 on this topic!

Enjoy your family and friends over these Holy Days......folks seem to forget what "holiday" really means!
(and that's from a public school teacher, BTW!)

Just a little something here - my younger sister (early 40's) played the role of Mary riding a pony in a local small town Christmas pageant and I wish I had pictures!
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to everyone! Enjoy Life, Bob & Jeff @ S and S HUNTCLUB
Attachments
KidOnDeer.jpg
KidOnDeer.jpg (76.25 KiB) Viewed 15828 times
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey bob and jeff,
What a great picture. Quite witty I must say.You guys have a merry Christmas!!
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
sting75ray

Post by sting75ray »

From Oklahoma I want to wish all of you here a very Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are traveling over the next few days please drive careful and keep your gun handy.
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

And may you all have a merrier New Year :)

81Police, With your photo skills I was hoping the left handed kid in your photos could have had a lefty Model 8.
That bolt handle could be an eye blacker or a nose masher ;)
Phyrbird
SOKY
h.charlie

Post by h.charlie »

As once said from the wise Brick Tamland from Anchorman. "I Love Lamp" Now I know what he was looking at when he said it
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Just returned from visiting family and friends... was a very different Christmas then the previous 22 from here behind enemy lines and what a great one it was. :D

Always love these "corrected" pictures and appreciate having them all in one place. Great job Cam - on many different levels.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
S and S HUNTCLUB

Well folks, I guess it does not take long these days, for somebody to copy and profit from the pictures that we all post here on the great model 8 site for our members enjoyment.

I was conducting a search for " Remington Model 8 " accessories & I noticed that a bunch of the vintage pictures that some of us have shared here on the site, have been copied for profit and are now listed by the seller sidexside1 on ebay.

The seller even "doctored up" the red box in the Ralphie Christmas picture with the Remington Model 8 and has it listed as well.

It's a damn shame that they're making $9.99 per picture, from photos that were copied from the great model 8 site.

They even have the words DO NOT COPY THIS IMAGE on their copied pictures! Its pretty sad in my opinion!

Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB
h.charlie

Post by h.charlie »

that is a huge bummer
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Bob, you are making some assumptions that are not true. I am sidexside1 and have NOT taken any pictures from the board. The Ralphie pic was used only after asking permission from Cam. The one you posted with the 2 guys and the model 8 I found with a Google/Chrome search under Detroit News deer hunting photos and took it from there. I have a bunch of pics that have been around for a very long time and copied by many many people.
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

WHUUPPPs :!: :!:
:o
"that is a huge bummer" :)
Phyrbird
SOKY
S and S HUNTCLUB

Dennis, I'll be the first guy to admit that I made a mistake.

It's a damn shame that they're making $9.99 per picture, from photos that were copied from the great model 8 site.

I did make a mistake & assume that the some of the pictures were copied from the great model 8 site. I apologize for making that assumption and I stand corrected Dennis.

After reading your response to my remarks Dennis, I now understand that the pictures were taken from various other peoples work and that they have been copied not only by you, but they have been copied by many many people.

As for the rest of my comments that I made on January 13, 2014 ... They stand "as is", as that's the way I see it sir. Thank you for your time.

Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB