How about a dance.

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Pitchy

How about a dance.

Post by Pitchy »

Made this a while back and converted it to run with one of my steam engines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffoaRNoyBAg
A lot of water under the bridge good and bad,
Bad when i did it my way, Good when i did it Gods way.

USAF-72-76
sighthound

Re: How about a dance.

Post by sighthound »

Now that is clever!!! How tall is the gunfighter? Thanks, Jerry
Pitchy

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks, he`s 12 inches tall but thinks he`s 12 feet tall. :lol:

USAF-72-76
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Cool :!: :!:

Not Deadwood Dick

Perhaps Disco Ranger :lol:
Phyrbird
SOKY
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Gotta love it - DR for sure. (Makes me nervous just watching him.)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Pitchy

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks, this one is a original that I bought on Fleabay.
These are folk art and no racial intentions implied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVY1qnIFrDs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jttAVxwcxNg

USAF-72-76
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

You have to be one of the coolest guys I have run up against. The steamboats and the steam dancer and the dancing sticks. Oh course the travels are great also. I love old fashioned mechanical stuff. That probably includes old smoke poles too.

ROB
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

+1 to what you said, Rob!

Pitchy, while you may not realize it, the variety of hobbies & crafts you've shared with us on this forum are special qualities that indicate a very creative mind. Going back and forth with a time machine, of course this being a completely sci-fi idea, I bet you'd make an excellent candidate for what all the tech guys and creative types look for today when they are hunting down folks who think outside the box, and are great "problem solvers".

As a 6th grade teacher (also I've done time in all the early years, K-2 combined, 2nd/3rd/4th and now 6th) I am ALWAYS doing everything I can to promote INDEPENDENT THINKING skills - which lead to creative thought and higher-level mental processing - kids today are much less fluent in creative thinking, generally.

The mechanical art, gunsmithing, and traveling impulses are all related to that sort of higher-order thinking ability. I obviously can't train my kids in the firearms realm, but I certainly do all I can to immerse them in craftsmanship and creativity lessons via building plastic models, handing and analyzing antique artifacts, making "paper" American quilts and repeating quilt patterns for mathematic concepts, and so on.

OK, guess I was just glad to be able to make a positive connection from my day job to "real life"! My school is crazy the week before winter holidays and break.

Take care, sorry for the rambling!
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Pitchy

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks gents, I`ve always been a little different than other people and probably explains why I don`t fit in the world very good, never have.
I`ve always been a thinker and my now passed away grandmother said I was related to Newton.
God has given me the ability to see something and go build it without plans in a very short time, my short fall is I don`t have much patience and have to have it done right now which keeps me from building real nice precision things.
As far as my rant about people replying is another trait that has plagued me all my life and gets me in fights every time I go to a tavern is I expect people to say something if someone goes out of their way to do something for them.
Of late family issues and health problems has made it harder to build anything because if ya don`t feel good ya lose interest fast.
Appreciate the kind words and replies. :D

USAF-72-76
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey Pitchy,
I've found that I tend to thank the people I care about ,very little. When i should be thanking them the most. It 's probably one of the reasons I'm an ex-husband. Don't worry any more about it. The members here all seem to be good and helpful people. We all appreciate your work,but some of us may be poor at expressing it.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
PS: let's get back to the springpoles
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Pitchy

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks Roger for that heart felt response and I understand. :)

USAF-72-76