Thank You Veterans

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
jack1653

Thank You Veterans

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Veterans,

I want to say a big THANK YOU to all the men and women who have served in the Armed Forces to give us the freedoms that we all so often take for granted. For those of you who have served in any armed conflict I cannot begin to imagine what you may have gone through. For those who have been wounded not only in flesh but in spirit, I pray that your wounds are healed or are healing. May God continue to Bless each and every one of you for your sacrifices to give others the opportunities to enjoy the liberties we so much cherish.

Kindest Personal Regards,

Jack
sighthound

Re: Thank You Veterans

Post by sighthound »

Thank you Jack for your thoughful words of recognition and thanks, having lived through the 1941-1945 period I recall the patriotic and dedication of our citizens, allies and friends, however we were never fully informed of the conditions and hell our military servicemen went through in defeating nazi germany and imperial japan, sure we had newspapers, newsreels, radio commentators, Murrow, Kaltenborn, Winchell, Severide and others but news was censored and limited. I recently encountered a new book titled The Guns At Last Light, by Rick Atkinson, it is a detailed account of WWII in western europe and it was hell for our GI's and civillans of the occupied countries. For a brutial lesson of what our forces endured I recommend reading the account and giving thanks for our countries survival and renewed resolve to appreciate their sacrifices.
Gleedaniel13

Post by Gleedaniel13 »

Hey Veterans,

I want to say a big THANK YOU to all the men and women who have served in the Armed Forces to give us the freedoms that we all so often take for granted. For those of you who have served in any armed conflict I cannot begin to imagine what you may have gone through. For those who have been wounded not only in flesh but in spirit, I pray that your wounds are healed or are healing. May God continue to Bless each and every one of you for your sacrifices to give others the opportunities to enjoy the liberties we so much cherish.

Kindest Personal Regards,

Jack
They should be thanks for what they have done and the sacrifices they give. They are our modern hero.
81police

Post by 81police »

I wanted to resound those words of Jack. Thank all you members who served! God bless
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Roger

Post by Roger »

Fellow members,
On this solemn anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, I also feel compelled to thank all of our current and veteran military personnel. This country is free because of your selfless service to your country. I shudder,when I think of what may have been,if we had lost the conflicts of world war 2. And all the war efforts since then.
Thank you from a very fortunate remodeling contractor from Iowa,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

December 7, 1941, 72 years ago now, I remember the day well, was a green young farm boy of 16 when hearing the news while with a group of friends. Little did we realize how our lives would change during the next 4 years and the changes to our country still having profound effect on our country, the world and all our lives. Pre 1941 was a period of innocents and everyone grew up fast. Over 405 thousand American Servicemen lost their lives and millions more wounded in body and mind. Of more than 16 million Army GI's, Naval, Marines and Army Air Corps Veterans only less than 2 million remain and departing over a thousand each day. Freedom is not free and we give thanks each day to those who have sacrificed and preserved our great country and freedom in all those conflicts since the massacre at that bridge in Boston.