#4 On the way!!!!! Stay tuned for full description and pics

smitsauce

#4 On the way!!!!! Stay tuned for full description and pics

Post by smitsauce »

Wow, these just seem to find me! I feel like an FN 1900 magnet. Fourth FN 1900 on the way in the mail. I only have one picture of it but it is supposed to have a really nice bore and it looks to be in about 70%+ condition with a plain barrel jacket. The butt plate doesn't look right to me, but it is easy to find an FN Browning Auto 5 one to fix that. Not quite sure about the rear sight elevator either...

WOOHOO!!!!

May have a line on another one too and hopefully that Model 14 1/2 as well!!!!!

Cheers,

Ian
81police

Re: #4 On the way!!!!! Stay tuned for full description and

Post by 81police »

Ian, congrats on another rare FN 1900! Would you be willing to share more photographs and/or the rifle's serial number with us? What a find!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
smitsauce

Post by smitsauce »

I don't know the serial number yet. Once I receive her and get her all cleaned up, I will post a bunch of pictures.

Ian
smitsauce

Post by smitsauce »

Well I spoke too soon and the deal fell apart on an unfortunate missunderstanding. I ended up purchasing a nice early model 81 in .35 Rem with the semi-beavertail forend from him though!

I guess this thread can be removed now that it isn't going to happen...

Ian
canuck

Post by canuck »

I'm sorry things didn't work out for you on the 1900 Ian, I had an offer in with the fellow as well and when he accepted - well, I bought.
I was very apprehensive about paying as much as I did for this gun as it is far from perfect, but we will see - it is arriving tomorrow.
I will post pics when I have a chance.
canuck

Post by canuck »

Well Ian, you should not feel bad about losing this one!
Story was this gun belonged to an interior BC trapper and it spent most of its life in a scabbard, hence the wear to the checkering - it sure didn't spend much time on the cleaning bench :roll:
Buttplate is incorrect, as well as the rear sight elevator I believe (although I am not sure which is correct as all three of my plain barrel FNs have different elevators!!)
Cocking knob is also not right - got any parts left Jack?!!

Some pics of FN 1900 #2038

yes, that is rust you see :cry:

and here is a group photo

Notice the difference in checkering on the forearms of the three early rifles

jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey canuck,

I do not have an extra parts that I would want to part with. I ordered 10 sets and probably should have ordered another 10 sets. It was quite a layout of cash with no commitments to purchase from anyone. I have two ses left but am hanging on to them in the event that I get another FN that would need the parts. You can find Sam Williams address on the thread, but I doubt that he would make just one set for the original pricing.

Regards,

jack1653
smitsauce

Post by smitsauce »

Ok, I don't feel so bad now. My model 81 in .35 is in the mail and should be here the week of new years hopefully. My first semi-beavertail forend model. Just perked myself up as well with a model 14R carbine in .30 Rem in the mail.
:D
Ian