round knob m-8

Posts about the Model 8
Roger

round knob m-8

Post by Roger »

Fellow members,
On an earlier post, I commented about buying too much stuff on friday night at our local gunshow. Part of what I purchased was a round knob pistol grip model 8 in 32 rem. It has a marbles tang peep and a Lyman sight blank cover and is in relatively decent shape. Just a nice shooter grade round knob m-8. The amazing thing about it is the serial # 223xx is only 9 digits away from my 25 rem. Round knob m-8 -223xx. I find this to be an amazing coincidence, considering the fact that up until now, the closest 2 serial numbered guns that i've owned in 30 plus years of collecting ,are 100 plus digits apart. And i thought that was really cool. The fact that after all these years, these 2 rifles which were possibly built on the same day.Maybe on the assembly line together, have been reunited in my gun room. I think that's way way cool! I know,Mitch,pics,pics,pics! I'll do what I can about posting some, but it'll take soon time. Crazy busy work,with ridiculous deadlines,and the holidays,plus deer season starts next weekend. See what I mean.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
rem81auto

Re: round knob m-8

Post by rem81auto »

Roger, that is very cool.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Indeed... :P like the numbers thing too. :D
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Post by 81police »

I've never had anything like that happen, way cool Roger!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator