Darn Near Perfect

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
jack1653

Darn Near Perfect

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

This Model 8 .30 is from 1920 and is darn near perfect. It had not seen much use and it has some very nice cheeks. All original wood and metal with no blemishes. My picture does not do the rifle justice. It was in a local gun store and I like to broke the speed limit getting there after a friend told me about it. An additional bonus was 50 rounds of Rem .25.

Regards,

jack1653
Attachments
IMG_0780.JPG
IMG_0780.JPG (201.98 KiB) Viewed 10497 times
ROBOPUMP

Re: Darn Near Perfect

Post by ROBOPUMP »

My keyboard shorted out as it filled up with drool and tears.

Nice rifle for a nice guy.

ROB
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

What a beauty >> congrats Jack
Last edited by rem81auto on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey Jack,
Wow!! Is all that i can say.If it couldn't be me, then I'm glad it's at least a friend of mine who'll appreciate it.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Beautiful rifle Jack! I know the feeling of having your heart pound out of your chest when you find a pristine rifle like that.

Here's a short story of an experience I had. I was told about a Model 81 with a detachable magazine that was at a gun shop about 35 miles from me. I raced up there (breaking the speed limit / Yep...I'm guilty) and there it was, sitting in the glass display case. Another gentleman was having the salesman unlock the door and I waited patiently behind them. The salesman pulled out the 1948 Model 81 Kreiger in 300 Savage, with a Lyman Alaskan 2.5 scope, Griffin & Howe two lever detachable scope mount and custom checkered highly figured walnut stock. My heart was racing, as the other gentleman checked it out. It was all I could do, to not "rip it out of his hands". He checked it over (In my mind, I was saying Don't Buy It, Don't Buy It, Please Don't Buy It !) and he gave it back to the salesman to put back into the display case. I immediately ask to see it. As my heart was pounding in my throat, I gave it a once over & said... "I'll Take It !" . The other gentleman was standing there with a "dumb founded" look on his face, as he knew he had just lost out on a real sweet rifle.

I love it when it all comes together like that and you find a great rifle. As we all know, it does not happen like that all the time, but when it does... it sure does feel good!

Here's a picture!

Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB
Attachments
IMG_5880.JPG
IMG_5880.JPG (381.9 KiB) Viewed 10472 times
81police

Post by 81police »

Jack! Leave it to the original carrier of "Jackitis" to infect the rest of us with a rifle like that! She's a beauty, looks like she was made yesterday. This is truly an uncommon find. Imagine what that would have gone for on gunbroker.com :shock:

S and S HUNTCLUB, we all know the feeling far too well :D And btw, if anybody ever wanted to hunt with an 81, that is about the PERFECT setup!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Again Jack, That is a fantastic find sir! I did not mean to take away from your post Jack, by posting a pick of my 81. I was just wanted to tell a little story about my experience and finding this model 81.

Thanks for your comment Cam, It is a sweet little hunting rig!

Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB
jim8008

Post by jim8008 »

And ... how about that sling?
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Jim,

Just wait until 81Police posts the next one. :o It had a sling but don't know much about it. :? I took it off but I can always put it back on. It had the correct hook swivels. :D

Regards,

Jack
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Very pretty Ladies, here in the Midwest we don't get that lucky :(
Phyrbird
SOKY
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Phyrbird wrote:Very pretty Ladies, here in the Midwest we don't get that lucky :(

Sure we do. :D
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Great find Jack.

S & S I've been that guy... the one that put it back, then watched it walk away with someone else when I turned back to get it. :( ...Learned sumpt'n I did.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine