FN 1900 Pricing?

remington

FN 1900 Pricing?

Post by remington »

HI everyone! I may have located a FN 1900 (said to be in good to great condition?)but cannot come across any information online what they are selling for or how much too even make an offer on it? Any help would be appreciated! And Thanks from Maine!!!!!!
jack1653

Re: FN 1900 Pricing?

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Remington,

I have sent you a PM regarding your question.

Regards,

jack1653
mohsin123

Post by mohsin123 »

:lol: This post is so great and nice 8-)

HI everyone! I may have located a FN 1900 (said to be in good to great condition?)but cannot come across any information online what they are selling for or how much too even make an offer on it? Any help would be appreciated! And Thanks from Maine!!!!!!
mcat sample questions mcat sample questions
81police

Post by 81police »

hey mosin123, welcome to the site. Hopefully we can get jack1653 to comment on the pricing as he's probably more familiar with their values than I am. I would say that most FN 1900's are worth around $1500-$3000 depending on condition. Am I off there Jack?
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Welcome to the forum and consider yourself among friends. You are lucky to have located one of these FN's. I would say that you are pretty darn close with that range 81police. To get a better feel for what to look for, be sure to check some of the other threads in this FN section. Make certain the bolt handle is intact and has not been fixed with non FN parts. Make certain the wood is in good condition. Is it a plain barrel or ribbed barrel? Is the butt plate in good condition or worm eaten in the case of the horn butt plates? Is the butt plate correct or has it been replaced with a shotgun butt plate? What is the condition of the metal and is the bluing in good condition? Is it collector quality or a shooter? All of these issues will affect the price of the rifle and is one of the reasons we are hesitant to give a price without seeing the rifle. If you can send some pictures we may be able to give a better answer for you.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your decision.

Regards,

jack1653
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Regarding the price range of a FN 1900. Condition is everything when purchasing one of these fine rifles. On a side note regarding selling a rifle... When selling an FN 1900, taking a few pictures, posting them on the forum and taking the first offer is not a wise move. It is always best to receive multiple offers from all the interested buyers, before making the decision to sell the rifle. Person to person sales are not often the best way to get the most for any rifle, so it's always best to take your time and receive multiple offers from all of the potential buyers.

On-line auction sites will offer the opportunity to showcase the rifle to thousands of interested folks & potential buyers.

If you are listing a rifle "for-sale" on this forum or any other forum, be prepared to take your time and allow for "multiple offers", before making any quick decisions and selling the rifle for less than what it's really worth!!!

Enjoy Life, S and S HUNTCLUB
Huges

Post by Huges »

Well, the M1900 isn't terribly rare - they were production amounted to 724,500, from 1900 to 1914.

I'd guess value at c.$300-400 these days. Markings indicate it was made by Fabrique Nationale d'Armes d'Guerre of Herstal/Liege. Belgium, using (John M.) Browning's pattent. It carries the usual Belgian proof-marks for a gun using nitro powder ammunition.

Last edited by Huges on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

The joy and wonder of the Wikipedia experience has reached our humble group.
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Hardrada55

Post by Hardrada55 »

Only 4900 of these FN 1900s were made...

...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
xtimberman

Post by xtimberman »

Sarge756 wrote:The joy and wonder of the Wikipedia experience has reached our humble group.
:lol:

I'd really like to know if he acquired the 1900.
Funny how some elderly threads just won't die.
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Sweet! The extra 719,587 rifles should bring the price way down, on the other 4,913 FN Model 1900 rifle's.

If any one can find the other 719,000 + rifle's, it would be Jack. Maybe he can get the dirty 12,000 now!

Thanks for the good chuckle Huges! In all sincerity though Huges, welcome to thegreatmodel8 site. We're happy that you found it. This site is jam packed full of the "facts", regarding the Remington Model 8, 81 and FN 1900's. Give the site a good look sir & again..."Welcome aboard"!

Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB