another newguy

New Member Introductions
TRX

another newguy

Post by TRX »

I discovered the Model 8 a few weeks ago entirely by accident. Then I made the mistake of looking on Gunbroker, and found a nice Model 8 in .30 Remington, which became mine for an absurdly low price. I picked it up from the FFL yesterday.

It seems to be resting comfortably with the other rifles, which are all "black rifle" semiautos from the former Soviet bloc. I expect they're somewhat disconcerted by this new capitalist invader...
jack1653

Re: another newguy

Post by jack1653 »

Hey TRX,

Welcome to the forum. If I were one of those black guns, I'd be concerned. That ole springpole you put in with them can shoot as good today as it did when it came out. It can throw lead with the best of those "blacks" but just not as many at one loading. Shoot it, enjoy it and send us some pictures.

Regards,

jack1653
81police

Post by 81police »

Hey TRX, welcome aboard! I like Model 8's & 81's about as much as anything, but I'm a sucker for any and all self loading rifles too! Your Model 8 will be the grandfather of your semiautos :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
TRX

Post by TRX »

Thanks guys!

I'm just a sucker for great engineering...
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

TRX,

was yours the .30 on GB last week? if so, I agree - nice price!!! :mrgreen:
(you can admit it yourself - I won't divulge...)

and as has already been said - enjoy the 8! these guys are great here.

adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.