my new one

Posts about the Model 8
olskool

my new one

Post by olskool »

this is one i just picked up. it is a 35 model 8 made in 1933 it has a redfield flip up rear sight and a lyman tang with dual apeture, i added both sights. i set it up this way so it will be easy to hunt with. i zeroed it in with the rear sight at 50 yards and next i zero it in at 100 yards with the apeture sight. the rifle shoots great with my rcbs 200gr. cast bullet load. the gun is tight and in great shape. when i got it to my suprize it had a broken fireing pin, i bought one from midway made by glend, it worked perfect.Image
I have never harvested an animal, but I have killed quite a few.............
rem81auto

Re: my new one

Post by rem81auto »

Looks pretty nice >>> congrats
Gleedaniel13

Post by Gleedaniel13 »

this is one i just picked up. it is a 35 model 8 made in 1933 it has a redfield flip up rear sight and a lyman tang with dual apeture, i added both sights. i set it up this way so it will be easy to hunt with. i zeroed it in with the rear sight at 50 yards and next i zero it in at 100 yards with the apeture sight. the rifle shoots great with my rcbs 200gr. cast bullet load. the gun is tight and in great shape. when i got it to my suprize it had a broken fireing pin, i bought one from midway made by glend, it worked perfect.
A very nice model of rifle. I am excited to see and take a hand at it. Would you like to resell it to me? ;)
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

It does look good. Glad you got all the parts to get it working. Looks like someone is getting ready for that cold winter the Almanac is calling for. Is it just me or is it the camera angle that makes that barrel look extra long?
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."