My other hobby.

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
ROBOPUMP

My other hobby.

Post by ROBOPUMP »

Stained glass custom work. This one has about 850 pieces of glass in it.

I put the youngest son through college doing stained glass at night after work and on weekends.

Still trying to get some action on this forum.

I will send something new tomorrow.
Attachments
2009_1027DOLLY0062.jpg
2009_1027DOLLY0062.jpg (57.52 KiB) Viewed 5875 times
81police

Re: My other hobby.

Post by 81police »

Wow that's incredible ROBO!!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Hardrada55

Post by Hardrada55 »

You are very talented. I really like that type of work. Reminds me of Tiffany.
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
gramps35

Post by gramps35 »

Very nice!
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Robo,

Birds of a feather do flock together!!! I use to do stained glass for stress release when I was working in the healthcare field. I have made several pieces and have just given them away as presents for well deserving friends and relatives. I have started a Tiffany lamp reproduction for my daughter who lives in Switzerland. I have been "thinking" about the process and purchased the glass to start, but just can't seem to make the first cut. It is one of those things I have to be in the right frame of mind or things just don't go smooth. I am sure you know what I mean when it come to this hobby. I wish I had taken pictures of what I have done over the years, but that wasn't important to me at the time. I can certainly appreciate your work and the labor of love it must have taken to do enough of the glass work to put a child through college. Congratulations on your accomplishments.

In your welcome post, you indicated you had some tips on doing searches on the web sites. If you would be so kind to share some of these with us, I would certainly apprecite your efforts. I become so frustrated in using some of the sites and just can't seem to narrow down the search to the point that I get what I want. I spend hours looking at searches that throws everything on the screen. I like to think that I am computer literate, but some of the sites are just about frustrating.

Take care and I'll be looking for your reply.

Jack
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

Thanks for the comments on the glass. I am like you, you have to be in the mood to do glas or things just don't turn out right or you ruin alot of glass. I go for months sometime and then get back in the mood and do several projects. I always hate doing a duplicate of something I have already done. The first one is creative. The second one is just work.

On the internet searches. Gunbroker is not as friendly as Auction Arms. I sometimes like to see all that is out there and punch in Rem 8 on Auction Arms. This will bring up about 30 pages of stuff. If you do this on Gunbroker, you will only get listings for "Rem 8" and will not get "Remington 8" stuff. Sometimes I search Woodsmaster and you will get lots of stuff including some model 81's. I also search under Woodmaster leaving off the "s" behind Wood. It is amazing how many sellers can't spell Woodsmaster with it engraved on the rifle. Sometimes Remington #8 will bring up some stuff that you would not find searching for Remington model 8.

You can play around with it and see what comes up. I like to know everything that is out there. Sometimes I find some funny listings that I know other people have not found. If they don't find it, they won't be bidding against you.

Robo