Just in case anyone is interested....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =341957627

Seems a little high priced though!

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
imfuncity

Re: Police Rifle on Gunbroker

Post by imfuncity »

WOW! Shazam Batman, look at that!! (Where's Batman's money when I need it?)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
ctgodog

Post by ctgodog »

Funny that you should comment that way....Batman 6 was my call sign when I was flying helicopters in Vietnam.

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Indeed. Gotta love God-incidences. :D My good friend (passed away now) who really got me going on guns did two tours as a helo pilot, was shot down three times... never occurred to me to ask his call sign.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Joe Kent

Post by Joe Kent »

Thanks for the "heads up". I had bid on that rifle 10 years ago and "lost" it to a gentleman from Utah. He and I exchanged emails at the time and then I lost track of him. This time , I won the auction and a rifle that I kicked myself for letting it get away now is headed to me. Thanks again for the heads up. All my best , Joe.
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Congratulations sir! That is a very nice rifle and one that you are sure to enjoy. The 10 round POE magazine is a very rare find & its great that its numbers matching to the rifle. Congrats again on purchasing a fine rifle. Wow ... 10 years later & you're finally bringing it home. That's a great story & a beautiful rifle! Enjoy Life, S and S HUNTCLUB
81police

Post by 81police »

another Police rifle in the stable, congrats Joe! That's a cool POE Model 8 :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Joe Kent

Post by Joe Kent »

Cam, it will be nice to have another Police Rifle in the rack and also, a tip of the Hat to the fine Gentlemen of S and S Hunt Club for not pushing the auction too hard. Perhaps I can return the favor to them at some time in the future. Again, all my very best to the fine members of this Forum. Joe.
81police

Post by 81police »

Hey Joe, if you're willing to share, I would love to know the serial number on that spare 15 round magazine. thegreatmodel8 keeps a confidential database, as research, of all known, existing 8 & 81 POE's. Give me an email if you're willing to share that info. cat9x@hotmail.com

Congrats again!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator