Packmule

Model 8 Cutaway

Post by Packmule »

Not sure how I misssed this one but would be cool to find a basket case Model 8
and make one of these for display.

RSA Member
German Gun Collectors Association

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
keltg

Re: Model 8 Cutaway

Post by keltg »

that would make a pretty awesome display. Might just have to start looking for a wore out model 8 or 81 to do that too.
Smile makes others wonder what you are up to
DWalt

Post by DWalt »

I guess it would be good to get some practice. In some parts of the world, cutaways are very popular because they are the only guns any lowly civilian peon can legally own.

Having made up a number of cutaways of the Beretta M9 pistol for training use, I know it is not easy to make them look good, and one must know his way around a milling machine. I used a Beretta factory cutaway as a model, and I also prepared complete drawings for others to follow. I have some pictures of my efforts I could post, but I will have to find them.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Dewalt, I'd like to see it and the details of what we are looking at and how it operates if you have them. Very cool.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine