The start of my colection

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
ice-man1973

The start of my colection

Post by ice-man1973 »

after a year of seaching I have finaly found a decent model 8, hopefully the first of many!

S and S HUNTCLUB

Re: The start of my colection

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Hello iceman, That's a very good start for any Model 8 and 81 enthusiast. The "Krieger" detachable magazine conversion, is a great find in the Model 8. Congratulations on finding a really sweet hunting companion! Enjoy Life, S and S HUNTCLUB
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

It looks like you have already gone to bed with it!! I don't blame you. Great looking rifle with the detachable mag and some like new ammo. What else can a guy ask for.

ROB
81police

Post by 81police »

A Krieger conversion! Nice find!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Your first one and a Krieger...? :o Good grief! No wonder it's in bed!
Well worth waiting a year for - what cal.?
Welcome aboard.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
ice-man1973

Post by ice-man1973 »

It is a 30 rem that was made in December of 1928! I cleaned it well, it has a nice shinny barrel and seems to function corectly. I have shot it once and it fired and loaded the next shell in properly but I did notice the the next shell it loaded into the chamber had a light dimple in the primer ware the fireing pin must have hit it when it slamed back shut, (any input on this potential problem would be apreciated) the only other problem is the stock is slightly loose, the wood around the bushing has kind of oblonged I was thinking of puting some sort of epoxy around the bushing. Does anyone have any idea what this gun is worth? I feel I got a good deal at $500.00 wich included 2 boxes of ammo!
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

You got a real deal. The ammo is worth a minimum of $100.00 and the Krieger detachable mag, adds about $100.00 or more. So, you got a pretty decent rifle for $300.00.

ROB
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

You did well on this one .You should hope the ones to follow will be as good a deal.
The dimpled primer issue has been discussed before.Take a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1835
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
ice-man1973

Post by ice-man1973 »

just won Marples tang sight for it on ebay, now all I need is the ammo I ordered for it from Buffalo Arms and I'll be in business!
mohsinj677

Post by mohsinj677 »

:lol: This post is so great and nice :P

You did well on this one .You should hope the ones to follow will be as good a deal.
The dimpled primer issue has been discussed before.Take a look at this thread: :lol:
I have had great pleasure in working with the Pass4sure VCPVCD510 for the preparation of my NET admission test. Good Luck.