2nd Amendment Support

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
sighthound

2nd Amendment Support

Post by sighthound »

Please go to http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html this is an easy way to express your support for our rights guaranteed by 2nd amendment of our Constitution which is under heavy attack right now. Please give serious consideration and act accordingly. Thanks for you time and consideration, Jerry
Last edited by sighthound on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imfuncity

Re: 2nd Amendment Support

Post by imfuncity »

Postings fixed Jerry. Great job on getting this around. Thanks
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Post by 81police »

Thank you for posting this Jerry. This is a great way of voicing your opinions, something all gun owners should consider. Guns which are represented on this website (the Police versions) would be affected by Sen. Feinstein's proposed legislation. I have used Ruger's advocacy link myself and received the following so far...
Attachments
3308_001 - Copy.jpg
3308_001 - Copy.jpg (358.94 KiB) Viewed 8573 times
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

That's great Cam, gotta love TX.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Post by 81police »

Here's the latest one...

Dear Mr. Woodall:

Thank you for contacting me regarding federal firearms laws. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this matter.

As a strong proponent of the Second Amendment, I believe it is essential to safeguard the law-abiding citizen's constitutional right to own and use firearms designed for legitimate purposes such as hunting, target shooting, collecting, and self-protection. Restricting this right runs counter to the intent of our Founding Fathers, who expressly guaranteed that citizens would retain the right to keep and bear arms.

It is encouraging that the Supreme Court has upheld the will of our Founders and re-affirmed the ideals our country was established upon. The Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller provides a greater guarantee that Americans' Constitutional rights remain secure from federal government intrusion. I was proud to sign an amicus brief to the Supreme Court in that case stating an individual’s right to bear arms is fundamental. This historic ruling continues to have implications far beyond the District of Columbia. In 2010, the Supreme Court decided in McDonald v. City of Chicago to strike down the arbitrary gun ban in Chicago—and thereby affirm that the Second Amendment safeguards against state and local encroachments on the fundamental right to keep and bear arms.

As a former Texas Supreme Court Justice and Attorney General, I have firsthand knowledge of crime-fighting policies that work, and I believe that citizens' Second Amendment rights should not be restricted because of the actions of criminals. Rather, we must focus our attention on the source of violent crime: criminals who use firearms to commit crimes. I believe that strictly enforcing the law—and meting out tougher sentences for career criminals and those who use firearms when committing crimes—will reduce crime more effectively than gun or equipment bans, which primarily serve to take firearms away from law-abiding citizens.

I appreciate the opportunity to represent Texans in the United States Senate, and you may be certain that I will continue working with my colleagues to protect our Second Amendment rights. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,
JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Cam, clear a spot on the back 40, I'm putting a hitch on this place and heading down! :shock:
Pitchy

Post by Pitchy »

A lot of water under the bridge good and bad,
Bad when i did it my way, Good when i did it Gods way.

USAF-72-76
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Thanks Jerry.It has been forwarded to all in my address book and to several club memberships. Pitchy ,from all the research I have done so far the letter from Utah Sheriffs Association appears to be true and makes me proud of my Law Enforcement brothers.I am also proud that though not as terse as the Utahans the Florida Sheriffs Association has issued a similar public response.
In an effort to be prepared to answer some in our community that may question whether the Second Amendment is relevant, take a moment and view the video found here :

http://www.youtube.com/embed/F584p5kJL- ... ailpage%22

May be necessary to copy and paste to get it to come up as I don`t know how to insert it like you did the other one.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

On the other hand... unfortunately, our Senator - received today.

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator from California
http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/

Dear Mr. Silvers :
Thank you for contacting me to share your opposition to assault weapons legislation. I respect your opinion on this important issue and welcome the opportunity to provide my point of view.

Mass shootings are a serious problem in our country, and I have watched this problem get worse and worse over the 40 years I have been in public life. From the 1966 shooting rampage at the University of Texas that killed 14 people and wounded 32 others, to the Newtown massacre that killed 20 children and 6 school teachers and faculty, I have seen more and more of these killings. I have had families tell me that they no longer feel safe in a mall, in a movie theater, in their business, and in other public places, because these deadly weapons are so readily available. These assault weapons too often fall into the hands of grievance killers, juveniles, gangs, and the deranged.

I recognize that the Second Amendment provides an individual right to bear arms, but I do not believe that right is unlimited or that it precludes taking action to prevent mass shootings. Indeed, in the same Supreme Court decision that recognized the individual right to bear arms , District of Columbia v. Heller , the Court also held that this right, like other constitutional rights, is not unlimited. That is why assault weapons bans have consistently been upheld in the courts, both before and after the Heller decision. I believe regulation of these weapons is appropriate.

Once again, thank you for your letter. Although we may disagree, I appreciate hearing from you and will be mindful of your thoughts as the debate on this issue continues. If you have any additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,
Dianne Feinstein, United States Senator
Roger

Post by Roger »

What a piece of work.
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Apparently this womans hatred of firearms began long ago when some of her male co-workers had a lovers quarrel and had a shoot out in the office. Like so many acts of violence seems to me there was a mental health issue there.
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Ladies and Gents,

It sounds to me there is a vengeance issue with Ms Fienstien; I mean she may be in need of counseling. The solution to this problem is obvious, she has to be re-elected real soon. Our voters need to remove her from office. Could all the California folks help us out?

Sincerely;
Phyrbird
SOKY