FN Model 1900

canuck

FN Model 1900

Post by canuck »

Just rec'd this one in the mail - my 3rd so far 8-)

It is in fantastic condition with just some light wear to the blue on the mag (obviously where it was carried), with the exception of some marring to the barrel bushing where some donkey tried to remove it with a pair of pliers. Beautiful figure in the wood on this one.
This is a later version - Serial #4574 - with the ribbed barrel jacket, two position flip sight, different reciever font, etc.
It was recently imported into Canada by a firearms retailer.
I apologize for the lousy pictures, I will attemp some better ones and post again.

The two others I own are earlier versions - #2160 and #2822 - with a plain barrel jacket and different sight, etc.

oldtimehockey

Re: FN Model 1900

Post by oldtimehockey »

Congrats, That is a really nice weapon. Someone took good care of that one all these years.
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Very nice congrats, I want one too but can't seem to get lucky finding one.
81police

Post by 81police »

fantastic FN Canack, one of the best I've ever seen! Nice collection of FN's you got going!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Nice rifles and 3 is very nice collection, had thought until recently these were only sold in europe but later information indicates FN 1900's were sold in Canada also, I have one that came from Sweden via a Mormon Missionary that encountered the rifle during his church work there. The rifle had been awarded as a prize for winning a shooting contest and had had an engraved presentation plate attached to stock, the outline of which was still visible Unfortunately, the son of the winning marksman kept the plate which was engraved to read "First Place Marksmanship", or words to that effect, I made a new plate, transulated the wording into Swedish "Fosta Platz Markinshippin", had the plate engraved and attached where the original had been. Hope my transulation is reasonably accurate. The rifle is the later model with rib in 4000 serial range. Will try to get some pictures posted, the rifle is shown at the bottom of a post about some Military/Trials Model 8 Recreated rifles I made forends for to have lookalikes for my collection. Considering the low production numbers of 1900's you are very fortunate to have this many. In the US 35 Remington is the cartridge and apparently throught europe there is a variety of cartridge designations but mostly 9x 48 or 9x49mm. Does anyone have info on this? Thanks, sighthound
canuck

Post by canuck »

May I ask where you have heard that the 1900 was retailed in Canada? I have not heard of this but it would be very interesting information and something I would like to persue further.

There are several places in Henwoods book refering to the cartridge as "9mm" (only, no x48 or x49)

I am looking forward to you posting pics of your gun, and would encourage any other owners out there to do the same.

Also, if you (other owners) don't mind, I am trying to establish a bit of a database of the FN 1900 population in NA and would like your permission to save a pic of your guns and a short description of it. Some folks don't like to post a full serial number, but the first two digits would be helpful.
I would be willing to share this info once I put something together properly.

Cheers!

jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey canuk,

You have some pretty impressive FN's. Thanks a lot for sharing the pictures. I have one FN and will try and get you some pictures. If you would send me your email address to jack1653@att.net, I'll send the pictures to you. I have not had any luck with direct posting pictures. My FN is missing the rear flip-up sight. If you know where I could find one, I would sure appreciate getting one. The bolt nut has been replaced also. I am told it was not unusual for the bolt to become loose and as a reult it would be lost. Other than those two issues, I feel lucky to have one in my collection.

jack1653
81police

Post by 81police »

Canuck,

Send me an email, I have been working on a database of FN 1900 serial numbers for a few years now.

I also have an advertisement showing reference to FN 1900's being marketed in Canada, I will share this with you along with pictures of my FN's. Do you have any FN documentation?

Cam
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
canuck

Post by canuck »

Hi Cam

I should have known that you would already be working on compiling info!

I can't find your email address - here is mine
drwredneck@hotmail.com

Besides Henwood's book, this is all I have on the FN 1900 (can't recall where I got it from - maybe you?), I wish I could read it :oops:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/ ... 0/rem1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/ ... 0/rem2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/ ... 0/rem3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/ ... 0/rem4.jpg

Regards, Darron
81police

Post by 81police »

Canuck,

You'll find it interesting that in the article you posted pictures of, the stripper clip is a Model 81 clip. I traded that stripper clip to the author of that article in exchange for the translation of another, older article about the FN 1900 (the one with reference to Canadian FN marketing). Small world. Anyways I'll send you an email soon.

Cam
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Cleafordmirs

Post by Cleafordmirs »

This rifle is very good looking the quality the figure and the modern of this gun is really perfect,,it was surprising to see this kind of gun by this time,..