Special Firearm

Rifleman

Re: Special Firearm

Post by Rifleman »

Interesting!!!
54bullseye

Post by 54bullseye »

Well I am certainly a newbie to this site as many of you have probably realized LOL !! I get on the computer early in the mornings before work usually 3:30 to 4 am and check out gun auctions and gun forums for info and sip coffee for a couple hours to start my day. This morning I was looking at some back posts on this site and came across this post that jack1653 made !!! What a beautiful custom rifle !!!! My hat is off to you Jack what a collection you have put together !! You must have model 8s, 81s and FN 1900s dancing around in your head when you go to bed at night and when you wake up !!! If your like me probably keeping you awake at night as well.

I love looking at all the pictures of your collection so please keep them coming !
Thanks for sharing !! John Taylor
mike webb

Post by mike webb »

I know it's an old post but the Fraser gun is absolutely beautiful.
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

I want to clarify some comments I made above about being concerned that the proof marks on this rifle were not British proof marks. During the process of tracking down the FN 1900 with serial number 721, I was informed that the gunsmith who made the repairs to the Fraser rifle had engraved the British marks on the replacement bolt carrier. He had filled in the Belgium proof marks and replicated the British proof marks on the bolt carrier. I checked the proof marks, which I should have done before making the statement that they were not British, and made the assumption that they were the original Belgium proof marks. My assumption was that since the replacement bolt carrier came from a Belgium FN 1900 that the proof marks would be Belgium. I was mistaken with that assumption. Upon close inspection of the proof marks, I was able to confirm that they were indeed British proof marks.

I wanted the information about the Fraser to be accurate to the readers. It was during the re-write of the story about the “Search for FN 1900 serial number 721” that I learned of this information. It really wasn’t important to anyone else but me, but I didn’t want to leave the false impression that the proof marks were incorrect.

Kindest Regards,

jack1653
81police

Post by 81police »

Great clarification Jack. It makes sense what was going on with what you showed. Still again, this rifle has an incredible history and is truly a one-of-a-kind. It's certainly the most elaborate FN 1900 I've ever seen.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator