Looking For 721

jack1653

Looking For 721

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I hope that all of you are having a great time with family and friends.

I need your help in trying to locate where a FN 1900 might be. The serial number of the rifle is 721. I know the rifle was offered on Gun Broker several years ago. I am sorry that I do not know the year. The rifle was being offered for sale by a seller who sold a lot of firearms on the site. He was from the state of Washington and went by the name of “mitowa”. He is an honorable seller and I have purchased rifles from him. I have not been able to make contact with “mitowa”.

I would like to locate the rifle and have the present owner assist me in confirming the serial number on some internal parts. It will be easy to check the numbers that I would like to know. If you know about this rifle, you can PM me to maintain your confidential identy. I have been provided some old pictures of the rifle that was on Gun Broker to help in confirming the identity of the rifle.

Thank you for your assistance. Have a great day!!

Kindest Regards,

jack1653
S and S HUNTCLUB

Re: Looking For 721

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Hey Jack, How about an update on your 721 guest???
Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Bob,

I have hit a deadend on the search. The most recent search placed the rifle some place in Michigan. After I conveyed the information that the rifle was not where the seller thought it was, I was told that the rifle was in Iron Mountain, Michigan. There was no store by the name I was seeking in Iron Mountain but there was a store in Iron River, Michigan. I have no reference as to geographic proximity of these two cities. I sent an email to what I assumed to be the correct store, but I got no reply to my request.

I reached out to the original seller and he has been great in trying to assist me in the search. My last correspondence was going to take a few days to facilitate due to the length of time that has transpired and the records not being readily available. The seller felt that it would be inappropriate to give me the information without getting permission from the buyer and I totally agree. There is no rush and if it takes awile I understand.

As soon as I get additional information, I will certainly make a post. It has been an interesting search and am making new friends who find my search interesting. I certainly appreciate the help you and Jeff provided in my search. Ranman has helped me also. Another good thing that has happened is I have been able to update Cameron’s data base on the FN’s.

Regards,

Jack
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

An update on the search for The FN 1900 serial number 721. The search is over. After a lot of help from the seller, I have found the person who bought the FN. The seller spent a lot of time searching through FFL logs and sales transactions before finding the buyer. I was updated several times and we had to follow several leads. The buyer was given my contact information and I was contacted today. I got the information that I was seeking and have updated 81police with the information for the data base. The owner was very helpful and I am satisfied with the explanation. I am hoping to get the original FN 721 but it maybe difficult. The rifle according to the buyer was in very rough condition and was parted out and sold to another individual. Whether I get it or not is of no consequence since I got the information I was seeking.

Regards,

Jack