could this be the nicest 81D in existence

Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
uhjohnson

could this be the nicest 81D in existence

Post by uhjohnson »

[b]Member of Berwyn Rod and Gun Club since 1983, it is an outdoor range located in Bowie Maryland, if interested in joining call 301-261-7515 or 301-464-9830[/b]

You don't pay too much, you pay too soon
imfuncity

Re: could this be the nicest 81D in existence

Post by imfuncity »

Indeed. :o Congratulations Jack! How did we miss out seeing pics of this one?? Or, is this the one that you are having Pete make into a carbine? ;)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
jack1653

Re: could this be the nicest 81D in existence

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Mitch,

I thought I had sent you the GB pictures of this rifle. While the pictures on GB are excellent, they do not truly reflect the beauty of this fine firearm. I knew that any pictures that I would take would not be as good as what was on GB. It is by far the best 81-D that I own. It came out of the Harry Sanford estate and shows no evidence of ever having been fired.

I am trying to get some decent pictures of Model 8 F-Grade in the 25-35 and an E-Grade .35 that I recently acquired. The F 25-35 is a 99% and is as beautiful as the 81-D except the engraving is far more impressive. The E .35 is 97-98%. I'll try and get some pictures to you.

Jack