Parkerized Model 81

Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
Hcompton79

Parkerized Model 81

Post by Hcompton79 »

Hi there, new guy,

So I was in my local gun shop the other day and a have been looking for a model 8 or 81 because they look cool and have John Browning associated with them. Now in the rack I saw an 81, Nice condition, early 4 digit serial number and in .35 Remington; but at some point the previous owner decided to Parkerize it. Now I kind of like it Parkerized as it makes the gun more militaristic. As a result I put down a payment plan for it and I feel I may have gotten a really good deal (I won't say how much.) Any idea how much being Parkerized devalues the gun?
Last edited by Hcompton79 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hardrada55

Re: Parkerized Model 81

Post by Hardrada55 »

Probably not much more than if the gun had been refinished with regular blue or only had, say, 30% of it's original blue remaining. If you like it....it's a big plus. Sounds like a good shooter. Is the 35 engraved on the top of the receiver? What kind of safety lever?
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
Hcompton79

Post by Hcompton79 »

.35 rem is stamped/engrave into the end of the barrel that protrudes into the receiver and it has the normal safety lever.
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Welcome,
If you like it Great!! Our ladies all have character, they have to after 75-100 years. Without it they would never survived...
Phyrbird
SOKY