Double-check my Model 81 date code, help?

Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
Adam Lee

Double-check my Model 81 date code, help?

Post by Adam Lee »

Guys,

I believe my recently acquired Model 81 shows a possible manufacture date of June 1948. I base this on my barrel jacket code, PTT, which is also serialed to my receiver - 39763. In fact, the serial is repeated in whole or part on all the usual places, including the butt stock trigger guard receiver and butt plate.

Just thought I'd double check my understanding of the date codes.

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
S and S HUNTCLUB

Re: Double-check my Model 81 date code, help?

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

You're correct Adam.

I have a two sided desk reference that I refer to and I also have the same copy that I keep in my wallet for a quick reference, regarding the barrel codes, manufacture dates and the serial number range per year for the manufacture of the Remington Model 8's & 81's. (pictures attached)

I can remember the B-L-A-C-K-P-O-W-D-E-R-X for the 12 months of the year that Remington set up in 1921, but the letter date codes for the years of manufacture and the serial numbers per year for each Autoloader, can sometimes slip my memory.

Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB
Attachments
IMG_0135.JPG
IMG_0135.JPG (328.28 KiB) Viewed 5169 times
IMG_0134.JPG
IMG_0134.JPG (291.84 KiB) Viewed 5169 times
Adam Lee

Re: Double-check my Model 81 date code, help?

Post by Adam Lee »

thanks, Bob - appreciate the double-check!

it's a .300 Savage, fyi

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.