Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
fatwilly

Post by fatwilly »

Hi guys. I just found your site and mighty glad too. I have two Mod 81's, one early and one last year of production. Both are 98% and .300 Sav. The late one has a factory tang peep, the two blade rear sight and a factory sling while the early one is a 'plain Jane' but completely stock except for the two tapped drillings where the side mount scope use to be.
I've owned them both for over 30 years and while I don't hunt, I occasionaly take them to the range with my Springfield 1903 factory sporter and the girls always get attention, especially after two or three rounds of .300 Savage gets through their earplugs !
I've spent countless hours searching out and buying close out ammo and reloading new and used brass for them and shooting them is the same rush now as it was 30 years ago.
Pictures to follow !
TNrifleman

Re: newbie

Post by TNrifleman »

Model 81 rifles in 300 Savage? Welcome to the forum, you're a man after my own heart! I have one too and I love to shoot that old girl. Mine was made in 1948. I'd enjoy seeing photos of your "girls." :D
81police

Re: newbie

Post by 81police »

welcome to the forums! We'd all love to see pictures of your two babies. .300Sav was a good pick on your part.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator