hole in receiver

Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
uhjohnson

hole in receiver

Post by uhjohnson »

Is this hole here because it was missed during production or did it open up durning a reblue. I seem to recall seeing flush finished circular areas in this area on receivers

Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-12-29-06-14-31.png
Screenshot_2014-12-29-06-14-31.png (382.55 KiB) Viewed 3955 times
[b]Member of Berwyn Rod and Gun Club since 1983, it is an outdoor range located in Bowie Maryland, if interested in joining call 301-261-7515 or 301-464-9830[/b]

You don't pay too much, you pay too soon
Sarge756

Re: hole in receiver

Post by Sarge756 »

You are correct about the flush finished circular areas. There are two in that area of the receiver.Should be one about 3/4 of an inch closer to the chamber from that hole. The two flush filled or circular areas are there from the permanent installed "bolt latch lug" on the inside of the receiver.The piece is press fitted and not made to be removed.I`m wondering how just "one" hole appeared no matter how it occurred. Guess the first thing to do is for you to examine the inside of the receiver and see if it is there. If you don`t have another 8 or 81 to compare it to I or someone here can shoot some photos to give you an idea of what you are looking for. The bolt latch lug is not a listed part that I can find and therefore not pictured on a schematic unless I am mistaken. If it is gone I don`t know where you would obtain one outside of having a smith make it. Perhaps you can shoot a photo of the inside of the receiver with bolt back if you can and we can advise you if it is missing.
Joe

Look at this link top left photo shows it: https://www.flickr.com/photos/buster_ch ... il/?page=7
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
In The Ten Ring

Re: hole in receiver

Post by In The Ten Ring »

So those flush-finished holes I keep seeing on Model 81's are supposed to there? WHOA! That means my 81 is "unmolested!" I kept thinking those were old scope mount holes someone plugged up and blued.