recoil pad???????

Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
fatjack34

recoil pad???????

Post by fatjack34 »

I am pretty sure I have a 1946 model 81. Serial # is 26,376. The rifle is in pristine shape relatively speaking. The bluing is very nice and the wood has no obvious defect I can see...no dings, nothing. It has a peep sight. i was told the rear ramp sight is not original but I dont know. It came with what I belive is the original. Very attractive weapon. The only issue I see is a pachmayer recoil pad....i assume these did not come through stock with any sort of pad. I would like to know what the length of pull should be. I want to sell this rifle as it is sitting in the safe. Really a nice rifle, but I don't know much on price or if the pad is a real price killer if it is not stock. BTW...... it is .300 Sav for caliber. little help for a new guy?

EDIT: I checked the barrel code and from what I have learned it was made in APRIL 1946

code= CRR
81police

Re: recoil pad???????

Post by 81police »

standard Model 81 LOP - 13 3/4"

IMO, recoil pads do decrease value, if your stock hasn't been cut you can find an original 81 buttplate and replace it.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Packmule

Re: recoil pad???????

Post by Packmule »

I have one Model 81 that I am about 99% sure fitted with a factory recoil pad after doing some checking with the Model 8/81 guru (Bob Creamer).And although you wouldn't think it, but back in the day
you could get one with all kinds of extras from the factory i.e. recoil pads etc..... But most recoil pads found
on them are not from the factory.

send me a picture of it I might want to buy it..... email me at
j5hunting@sbcglobal.net

RSA Member
German Gun Collectors Association

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.