THREE DIFFERENT FOREARMS ON THE MODEL 81

Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
ROBOPUMP

THREE DIFFERENT FOREARMS ON THE MODEL 81

Post by ROBOPUMP »

I said that this forum does not have enough activity for me. I was so excited to find this site. I will try to post something new each day to pep up the post.

I have attached a picture of three of my model 81's. The one in the center has the "flat side" forearm, but it is the same length as the semi-beaver tail forearm on the rifle to the left. It measures approx. 10.5". The standard "flat side" forearm measures only approx. 9.25" (rifle on the right). This third forearm is not mentioned by Henwood and I wondered if anyone else has a rifle with it.

Robo
Attachments
PB050070.JPG
PB050070.JPG (30.79 KiB) Viewed 3698 times
81police

Re: THREE DIFFERENT FOREARMS ON THE MODEL 81

Post by 81police »

Well with the newest 81 being nearly 60 years old, you do often see some custom/modified stock sets and those heavily sanded. You are correct though in that there are only 2 forearms for the 81, the semi-beavertail and the flat side (if you exclude the Special Police 81 forearm, and the early "C" grade 81 with cheeks). The one you have in the middle is interesting though. Any signs of sanding / refinishing?

Cam
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
ROBOPUMP

Re: THREE DIFFERENT FOREARMS ON THE MODEL 81

Post by ROBOPUMP »

No, the forearm seems to be completely factory and matches the butt stock. I can send more pictures of the gun if needed.