Model 81 Range Report

Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
The Goose

Model 81 Range Report

Post by The Goose »

My new, to me, Model 81 .35 won on Gunbroker. Finally got brass, bullets, dies etc and made it to the range. The load is 200 gr. Hornady RN over 33 grs. of IMR3031. I sighted in at 75 yards and got comfortable. Then moved the target out to 100 yards. The attached photo shows the results. The top two on the right hand side were the first two shots. Then I moved the rear sight down and got the two on top of each other on the right. At that point I tapped the front sight a lttle and moved the point of impact to center, but still high. Lowered rear sight again and hit dead center (almost). I finished off my remaining rounds consistently dinging an 8" steel gong at the 100 yard mark. Then for the hell of it I started shooting at an 18" gong at 200 yards without adjusting the sights, just holding a little high. To my amazement I hit it a lot more times then I missed. Great fun and a great day at the range. Now I can really go to work on this baby and see what she can really do.

81police

Re: Model 81 Range Report

Post by 81police »

thats very good accuracy out of these rifles, probably due to a very good shooter ;)

I said it once already, but I sure do like the unique checking pattern on that rifle.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Re: Model 81 Range Report

Post by imfuncity »

Very nice and better then most of these - certainly minute of deer! And a day at the range with purtttteee rifle, tough to get better then that. 8-)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine