The 3 Amigos Have a New Compadre

Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
kenhwind

The 3 Amigos Have a New Compadre

Post by kenhwind »

We picked up another Model 81 in .35 remington today for $550 out the door. We had looked at it before and thought real nice. The gun shop has a small indoor range and it was lit up, gun isn't as nice as we first thought, but overall pretty good compared to most of the ones available. Barrel jacket is loose, some surface rust, stock has some marks, etc. The bore is nice, haven't cleaned it, but did run a patch through it.

This makes 3 M81s and 1 M8. I'll get some pictures up ASAP.
KEN
imfuncity

Re: The 3 Amigos Have a New Compadre

Post by imfuncity »

No question about ya'll got the disease! :shock: Welcome to the club.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
kenhwind

Post by kenhwind »

Pictures of No 4 (no 3 81):
KEN
sting75ray

Post by sting75ray »

kenhwind wrote:Pictures of No 4 (no 3 81):

Congrats on the 81. I am waiting on a guy to send me some more pics of one in 30 Rem that I found on the internet the other day.
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Howdy,

Yep, I agree with infuncity. I think you have the disease. :o As the originator of the dreaded "jackitis" I can tell you there is no cure. You can get temporay relief by getting an 8 or 81 but it is short lived and then it bites again. :shock: Keep looking and buying and if you find a cure, let me know. I am tired of sleeping on the couch. :lol:

On a more serious note, you are getting some nice rifles. I appreciate the effort of posting the pictures. I have to rely on my good friend, infuncity to do my posting.

Regards,

jack1653
kenhwind

Post by kenhwind »

With 2 .35s; an 8 and a 81; and 2 .300 in 300 Savage, a 30 Rem would be nice or a 32. I reload so once I get some brass I'm OK.
KEN