** VERY Rare Photo - 5 Model 81D's!!

Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
81police

** VERY Rare Photo - 5 Model 81D's!!

Post by 81police » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:51 pm

What a sight to see! There were only 13 or so of these Model 81 "D" grades ever made. Here's a large percentage of them in ONE collection.

THANKS to forum member JACK1653 for sharing this cool photo with us!
Attachments
1507228979361.jpg
1507228979361.jpg (112.74 KiB) Viewed 68 times
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator

jack1653

Re: ** VERY Rare Photo - 5 Model 81D's!!

Post by jack1653 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:58 pm

Hey Guys,

I can’t help it, but I am proud of these rifles. 81police says that there are only 13 of the model 81-D and I am lucky enough to have 5 of these rifles. The last rifle to be added to the collection came from tha auction on Gun Broker. It is the top rifle in the picture. I knew the seller and I had bought rifles from his collection in the past. This rifle is the earliest that I have seen and was made in 1937. The rifle had been sent back to the factory for repair or alteration. This rifle is a 35 and the other four I have are 300 Savage. The stock is not the original stock to the rifle and that was disclosed by the seller. It also has had a Red Head recoil pad added. This is a great addition to the collection.

The next rifle from the top has been customized. It has a Krieger style removable magazine. The safety has been changed to a Browning A-5 style and the workmanship is very good. Another Forum member helped me acquire this fine rifle.

The second and third rifles came from another Forum member several years ago. They are in very good condition and were the 2nd and 3rd rifles in this set.

The bottom rifle in the picture came from the Walter Sanford estate and was sold on Gun Broker many years ago. This rifle came with papers from Remington and had never been fired. The rifle is in mint condition and is among the better rifles in my collection.

I hope you enjoy the picture.

Regards,

jack1653