VA Arms Colletor's Gun Show

Posts about the Model 8
JJ Roberts

VA Arms Colletor's Gun Show

Post by JJ Roberts »

This week-end I decided to do something different at a gun show. I put on a display of Remington Model 8 & 81 Semi-Automatic rifles. These rifles were designed around the turn of the century by John Browning who sold the patent rights to Remington Arms Co. & they produced the gun in 6 different calibers until 1950. For my efforts I won the Judges Choice Award. On the table you will see some different vintage books and vintage hunting licenses which I collect. Hope you enjoy seeing the picture.
Attachments
remington.display.model 8.81.man4.fairgrounds.11.2010.jpg
remington.display.model 8.81.man4.fairgrounds.11.2010.jpg (231.72 KiB) Viewed 3667 times
81police

Re: VA Arms Colletor's Gun Show

Post by 81police »

JJ now that is cool, I'd have loved to seen that in person. It's nice to see people like you still representing these ole "springpoles". I see you have a copy of "A New Chapter in an Old Story", fantastic book. I've got a digital copy of it, where did you manage to find yours?

P.S. thanks for sharing the cool photo.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
JJ Roberts

Post by JJ Roberts »

Cam, I found the Old Story book at the last Chantilly gun show.The Remington 81 with the scope is a new addition,I found it at this show it's an old Weaver go's just right on that 81.Three ring binder on table has some old ad's and a original Bonnie & Clyde wanted poster.It was fun putting this together got some good feed back. J.J.Roberts
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Very cool display. Congrats.

Would enjoy seeing the old wanted poster if it wouldn't cause an issue posting it.

Cam, sharp eyes! Thanks for the tip on the book "A New Chapter in an Old Story", I'll now start a search for it.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine