Interesting SN on this model 8...

Posts about the Model 8
Hibby83

Re: Interesting SN on this model 8...

Post by Hibby83 »

Strange indeed.

Have to hand it to him that his photos represent it well!

If a prospective buyer wanted to know the original number, removal of the buttstock could reveal such information “given that’s the original trigger guard”.
9.3shooter

Post by 9.3shooter »

I wonder what the point was in altering the SN.
Roger

Post by Roger »

This thing might still shoot ok. It appears to have been rode hard and put away wet. The restamped number is a red flag for me. Definitely not for me, although the 35 Remington barrel is probably worth something. The peep sight may be worth something also. Just the ramblings of a retired old man.
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Roger wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:03 am This thing might still shoot ok. It appears to have been rode hard and put away wet. The restamped number is a red flag for me. Definitely not for me, although the 35 Remington barrel is probably worth something. The peep sight may be worth something also. Just the ramblings of a retired old man.
Roger
"Rode hard and put away wet"/"restamped number is a red flag to me"!!!!!! Amen to that!!!! That rifle is one ya would only buy after examining it personally, ie 'eyeballing it', but with all the unknowns and questionable baggage it carries more than likely be a pass.