.25 Rem to the range again!

Posts about the Model 8
9.3shooter

.25 Rem to the range again!

Post by 9.3shooter »

After having finally gotten the barrel apart the other day, gave it a good cleaning and confirmed what parts were inside, no wood LOL. Shooting 117 gr Sierra Pro Hunter flat base bullets with IMR 4064.
Seemed to really like this combo. Shooting with barrel sights at 50 yards, with 67 year old peepers, I was shooting groups from just over an inch to 3" for one group that had 3 in an inch and one that dropped down a ways, why I dont know, but it did.
Otherwise another stellar outing with this little rifle, function was perfect as it was the first time out.

Used some Grafs .25 Rem brass on its second loading, and it came thru fine without any apparent damage and I have not annealed them. I will report back after sizing if they fail and or after the next loading if they do.
Fast becoming one of my favorite rifles.
I dang near bid on a .35 Rem model 81 the other day, but it went for more than I wanted though it did have a nice peep sight which made it a pretty good deal I suppose.
Once I add that I will probably stop there as I have no desire to have one in .300 Savage and I have a Rem 14 in .32 already thats a good shooter.
Like a guy on another forum always says, "Whatta hobby!"
Hibby83

Re: .25 Rem to the range again!

Post by Hibby83 »

back together and functioning like it should!

i haven't come across the sierra bullets for the 25 yet "in stores" I'm using hornady interlock round nose 117.
9.3shooter

Post by 9.3shooter »

I use those too, but I had a couple boxes of the Sierra around as I shoot them in my Ruger No. 1 .257 Roberts where they shoot really well. I have some 100 gr bullets I thought I might try soon also. I have read that less weight than that might not run the gun properly.
9.3shooter

Post by 9.3shooter »

I see now why this was Frank Hamer's favorite rifle, in .25 cal.