Model 8 in the Movies

Posts about the Model 8
Sarge756

Model 8 in the Movies

Post by Sarge756 »

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Remington_Model_8

The above link lists the movies where a Model 8 Remington appears. If you are like me old movies and old guns go together. Quite unexpected while viewing "The Philidelphia Story" with Cary Grant and Kathryn Hepburn the other night one of our 8`s appeared. This movie, not the normal setting for guns, with the plot not involving crime, so it was missed I guess by the folks that put together the website. Next time you watch this movie look for it. Hepburn,a bit tipsy is with Grant and removes a Model 8 from a gun cabinet. Grant quickly takes it from her and returns it to the case. Who knows? Grant and Hepburn both play affluent people......Perhaps it was a high grade 8 or an FN. Wonder where that rifle is now?
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
81police

Re: Model 8 in the Movies

Post by 81police »

technically speaking the rifle used in Bonnie & Clyde (2013) was a Model 81. Not period correct but it got the job done!

Thanks for posting SARGE!!!

Here's another list, mostly the same movies...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2533&hilit=movies
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Roger

Re: Model 8 in the Movies

Post by Roger »

Hey guys,
I just watched "Ride the high Country last night on TCM with my father. We both were really impressed by how much different the shooting sound of the Model 8 used by Warren Oates was. One scene showed him firing several rounds in a row from a frontal view. Very cool movie scene.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com