model 8 &81 at Cabela's FW

Posts about the Model 8
Texas by God

model 8 &81 at Cabela's FW

Post by Texas by God »

I just spotted model 8 .30 Rem 4 digit # all there needs TLC.
And an 81 in.30 that has had the forend reshaped. $699 each.
Godaim4

Re: model 8 &81 at Cabela's FW

Post by Godaim4 »

I just bought the model 8! She's a beauty! :D
81police

Post by 81police »

SOLD! haha
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Godaim4

Post by Godaim4 »

I ordered some ammo from buffalo small arms can't wait to shoot it! Is there any other way to buy the ammo other than just Buffalo small arms?
Mikeshoe72

Post by Mikeshoe72 »

I found my Model 8 at Cabelas, too. Although at the Hazelwood, Mo. location. Save that brass, and reload it. If you don't already handloads, you could be set up for the cost of 3 or 4 boxes of custom stuff. Once handloaded, the 30 Remington is relatively cheap to shoot. I think a box of 20 costs me between $7 and $8.
Godaim4

Post by Godaim4 »

Wow that's not bad at all! I'm gonna get my uncle to teach me how to reload so it'll be a lot easier to get the ammo haha
Wildgoose

Post by Wildgoose »

Godaim4 wrote:Wow that's not bad at all! I'm gonna get my uncle to teach me how to reload so it'll be a lot easier to get the ammo haha
Collecting and shooting old guns has made a hand loader out of quite a few folks over the years. ;)
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey Wildgoose, I'm guilty as charged. My reloading was started by my first Winchester 1886 in 33wcf. ( By the way a great hammer on deer). Now I reload 33 or 34 calibers. Wade in with both feet and never look back. But I'll warn you, it can become addictive.
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

UUUGGGHHHH Reloading worse than Jackitis :!: :!:
Make heap big hole in budget for more Ladies. :oops: :o
Save thousands at the range; makes for foolish looking brass chasers. And brass catchers that work. 8-) :lol:
Good for trading; one finds as trade up, calibers can change. Just remember you will trade back into the stuff you trade off :!: :lol: :!:
Phyrbird
SOKY
Wildgoose

Post by Wildgoose »

Phyrbird wrote:UUUGGGHHHH Reloading worse than Jackitis :!: :!:
Make heap big hole in budget for more Ladies. :oops: :o
Save thousands at the range; makes for foolish looking brass chasers. And brass catchers that work. 8-) :lol:
Good for trading; one finds as trade up, calibers can change. Just remember you will trade back into the stuff you trade off :!: :lol: :!:
Yes! All so true. There is always that one case you just can't find. Darn auto loaders anyway! :roll:
And. Just bought a new lever gun in .44 Mag because I still had a ton of brass and the "stuff " to reload for the 44. Sold off the .44 pistols long time ago to finance other projects. Like buying more Ladies. :)
Oh yea, lets not get started on the final phase of total reloading addiction, casting bullets. :lol:

Merry Christmas Gents, one and all.