spanner wrench

Posts about the Model 8
win1906

spanner wrench

Post by win1906 »

any one making or selling the barrel spanner wrench.
wolfie

Re: spanner wrench

Post by wolfie »

Yes, you can go to ebay.com
type in search : Remington Model 8-81 Barrel Disassembly Gunsmithing tool item # 201204519264. $62.50 check to see if it is available, if not contact facon3247 via email through ebay to find out when he will make more.

Make sure to view the barrel disassembly video, then follow the instructions exactly. First remove the barrel nut, then remove barrel from the barrel jacket. Then reassemble the barrel jacket to the receiver. Instead of a towel to catch the spring, I used a screw driver, hold the screw driver handle firmly and put the shaft of the screw driver in the barrel jacket, as you unscrew the barrel bushing so you can see and catch the barrel jacket bushing, barrel nut washer and recoil spring, and reverse the procedure to assemble, this much easier for me to reassemble.
gijoef

Post by gijoef »

I was given a Model 8 by an old friend who's Dad gave it to him......... I will treasure it and someday pass it along to my oldest son. I watched the video about disassembling the barrel assembly and need to know where I can purchase a CBR barrel disassembly tool.
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

gijoef wrote:I was given a Model 8 by an old friend who's Dad gave it to him......... I will treasure it and someday pass it along to my oldest son. I watched the video about disassembling the barrel assembly and need to know where I can purchase a CBR barrel disassembly tool.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3900
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.