new reloading project

Posts about the Model 8
Bandersnatch

new reloading project

Post by Bandersnatch »

Now that I have a stash of nifty .30 Remington En route, I begin yet another episode of reloading a weird or obsolete caliber. I make it a matter of policy to never take up more than one new caliber at a time. Thank heavens there aren't too many different ones for the Model 8. ;)

Now, to find some dies...
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.
jim18611865

Re: new reloading project

Post by jim18611865 »

Are you willing to share where the stash is coming from?
How many did you get?

Jim
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Gunbroker.

Total of 90 from two different sources. A little spendy, but, yanno, reloading.
jim18611865

Post by jim18611865 »

I only have a .32 Remington, and fortunately it came with 90 rounds of ammo, and 10 empties.
15% have been cracking though.
.32 Remington ammo is getting absurd as well so I have decided Santa is getting me a lathe for Christmas to make my own brass from 30-30.
Annealing is in my immediate future as well.

Jim
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

.30 is also getting harder to find so I think these cases are getting annealed about every other firing so maybe they'll last longer.
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

jim18611865 wrote:I only have a .32 Remington, and fortunately it came with 90 rounds of ammo, and 10 empties.
.32 Remington ammo is getting absurd as well so I have decided Santa is getting me a lathe for Christmas to make my own brass from 30-30.

Jim
Not to hijack a thread too badly - LOL - but I will soon 'nuff be joining you guys on the Remington orphaned calibers team! I'd been looking for a good bit for a .30 Rem rifle either in a Model 8, model 14, or even (holding my breath) a Model 30 bolt action.

What came up for me was a .32 Rem in a mid-20's Model 14 pump rifle. Going thru the purchase/shipping process as we speak.
I'll be paying close attention to all of you'se guys efforts in reloading .25/.30/.32 Rem in the future!

(Also be collecting as much .30-30 brass I can stand to carry!)

take care Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Adam Lee wrote:
jim18611865 wrote:I only have a .32 Remington, and fortunately it came with 90 rounds of ammo, and 10 empties.

Jim
Not to hijack a thread too badly - LOL - but I will soon 'nuff be joining you guys on the Remington orphaned calibers team! I'd been looking for a good bit for a .30 Rem rifle either in a Model 8, model 14, or even (holding my breath) a Model 30 bolt action.

What came up for me was a .32 Rem in a mid-20's Model 14 pump rifle. Going thru the purchase/shipping process as we speak.
I'll be paying close attention to all of you'se guys efforts in reloading .25/.30/.32 Rem in the future!

(Also be collecting as much .30-30 brass I can stand to carry!)

take care Adam

Wear it out, Mang! I'm all for discussing (and cussing) these odd, but wonderful old calibers. Before anyone buys a lathe I *think* I may have found a supplier for .30 and .32 and I have found that Midway has dies in their "obscure rifle" section.
jim18611865

Post by jim18611865 »

Wear it out, Mang! I'm all for discussing (and cussing) these odd, but wonderful old calibers. Before anyone buys a lathe I *think* I may have found a supplier for .30 and .32 and I have found that Midway has dies in their "obscure rifle" section.
If the price is right, let us know.
I am accumulating things now so in the future I am not beholden to the retail community (or anyone but me), during times of difficulty, for my shooting needs.

Jim
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

These folks have .30 and .32 brass in stock. Also, loaded ammo, but it's a little spendy.

http://www.lohmanarms.com/default.asp
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

BS Take a look at this previous thread re Lohman`s

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3646
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Sarge756 wrote:BS Take a look at this previous thread re Lohman`s

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3646
I remember that thread, Joe!! I think I was even involved! LOL

PS....now, I got a .32 Rem Model 14, and I committed myself to the Orphaned Remington Rimless Club!
Pics and a new thread (oops!) to follow, once the brown truck of happiness appears.

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Given that that previous thread is 8 months old it seems things have changed somewhat. I have 100 .30 Rem cases in bound from Lohman's and they list both .30 and .32 in stock. $66 for the hundred.

I'm glad I got the cases from GB, but I'm also glad to see another source which is, currently at least, in stock.
jim18611865

Post by jim18611865 »

I did the same thing with Buffalo Arms several months ago. I am still waiting.
If they do show up, let us know.

Jim