Hornady FTX Bullets

Posts about the Model 8
Wildgoose

Hornady FTX Bullets

Post by Wildgoose »

The questions about Hornady FTX ammo prompted me to post this for anyone who may be interested. The reloading component shortage situation led me to buy a box of the Hornady 200 grain FTX bullets. I was looking for any brand of 35 caliber 150 or 200 grain jacketed round nose slugs. There were none to be found in my location and there were none available on line. While at a local sporting goods store I spotted the previously mentioned FTX bullets. Just the one box was left so I bought it. I have done a bit of loading with them and found that when loaded with H4198 at 37 grains in R-P brass they perform well enough to serve as hunting loads. This load is one and one half grains under the max book load for H4198 with 200 grain jacketed. I would prefer the usual jacketed bullets to the FTX but at least I have a fall back if cant get what I want before next deer season rolls around. I keep hoping that this shortage stuff will lighten up some time soon but who knows.
Roger

Re: Hornady FTX Bullets

Post by Roger »

aFellas,
I've used hornady ftx bullets and leverevolution powder with great success in a wide variety of calibers and guns. These would include handguns and rifles both. I've also used ftx bullets with BL-C2 powder too. The dead deer I've shot certainly wouldn't argue with the effectiveness of these bullets. I've made posts on this forum before concerning this subject,but I'll say it again. I don't care what these bullets cost, because they are accurate and deadly on deer.
I can't attest to any other animals,but they kill deer dead. I've used them in colt ,s@w,andruger pistols. I've used them in winchester levers,remington m-8/81s. I've loaded 300 savage,30 rem.,32rem.,35rem.,30wcf,32win.spec.,33wcf,45 colt,44magnum,357magnum.All with good accuracy and deadly results. This is my 2 cents worth on the subject and it's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Gleedaniel13

Re: Hornady FTX Bullets

Post by Gleedaniel13 »

The questions about Hornady FTX ammo prompted me to post this for anyone who may be interested. The reloading component shortage situation led me to buy a box of the Hornady 200 grain FTX bullets. I was looking for any brand of 35 caliber 150 or 200 grain jacketed round nose slugs.
I have also buy that kind of box of the hornady and it really does well to me. ;) I think I will purchase some more of this.