Model 8 35 Rem 1927 with Redhead Case for Sale

Posts about the Model 8
Sarge756

Model 8 35 Rem 1927 with Redhead Case for Sale

Post by Sarge756 »

This looks to be a pretty nice Model 8 with a Redhead case at a reasonable price. I don`t have any dog in the hunt just passing it on.Too many irons in the fire at the moment or it would be headed to Florida.
Joe

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread ... ost8326147
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
imfuncity

Re: Model 8 35 Rem 1927 with Redhead Case for Sale

Post by imfuncity »

Down to 700. think he is a bit high. Guess he'll find out when he goes to GB... as he is threatening. Never understood how/why that was an incentive for someone to buy from a seller? - Not like he (they) are giving us a great brother-n-law deal. :o
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Uh, ya might wanna think:
$500 for the rifle
$300 for the sights; Tang and folding barrel sights
Now the case, I've seen them sell for more than the rifles.
HHHMMMMM :?: :?:
Phyrbird
SOKY
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Phy...
Thought 'bout that... but been watching sales (or lack of) way wrong time of the year - I'm thinking he'll have it until after the first then it'll be gone for more then his 700.

(Probably just me being cantankerous but I just have never got the "GB threat" on any of the forums.)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

After passing this along I havn`t been able to stop thinking about it. "Jackitus " is alive and well. Sent seller a PM and awaiting response. I dealt with him a year or so back on some parts and he was true to his word so feel confident the description of this 8 was accurate. You are correct Phrybird that considering the accessories it was appealing. Havn`t bought an 8 or 81 in past six months so guess I was due. Last one was Matt`s "Sophie". Guess where that tang sight will be going.
Joe
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Seller responded......Model 8 and case will be headed to N. Florida. What`s one more iron in the fire anyway.
Joe
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Sarge

I think you did good. I bought a 8 & 81 2 wks ago or I would have been after it myself.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Ahhhhh. I sit corrected. Thinking maybe I've now become one of "those guys" just bemoaning and thinking about what the price use to be! :(

(Joe - Truth be told, when I read about that case I was surprised you had not jumped in already, which then made me think that maybe I was missing something. :o )

Can't wait to see it. Now, since things have changed here, maybe I ought to come down and shoot it! ;)
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Congrats on a very fine purchase Joe! When you take a close look at the current market prices, the Model 8 itself is worth the figure you paid and then sum to the right buyer. Add in the Marble's rear flip sight & base, plus the Lyman tang sight and you gained an additional $200.00 in accessories on top of the price you paid for the rifle. Then, we all know the prices that the "take-down" leather cases are fetching today (If you can find one!). I'd have to say, that you did VERY WELL on your new purchase Joe. When you find a "steal of a deal" like that, you have to pull the trigger and seal the deal! That is a great looking package Joe and one hell of a good buy sir! You did very well Sarge756. Enjoy your new 1927 Model 8 and let us all know how it feels, when it arrives. "Hey Joe...where you goin' with that gun in your hand"?
Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB

There's not too many problems a man can't fix with a vintage autoloader in 35 Rem.
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Thanks for the congrats and kind words. When I first saw this listed on 24HourCampfire I felt then that it was a good buy. I had just added a 725 Remington in 280 Rem and a Marlin 1895 SS in 45-70 to the collection so the play funds were/are a might low. Decided to post it here where I was sure that someone would jump on it and "Save me from myself". No such luck.... and members kept posting updates on it...... and then the seller dropped the price a little. Like Popeye says ,"I`ve had all I can stand and I can`t stands no more". Final straw was when I contacted the seller and he agreed to extend terms on the payment. People have just got to stop doing that,my safes are full and "the boss" says no to a third one. At least I have kept the promise I made here last year re; adding some 8`s and 81`s to the collection. Custom mausers in odd ball chamberings stole my affections for awhile and I had neglected our springpoles. Hope this one and the other two 8`s and a 81 have gotten me back in good graces.
Imfuncity...I`d look forward to you visiting a free state.We`d do more than shoot the newbie .Would be a road trip to get together with Mattitude and Jack of Jackitus fame. Don`t know about you but before the bell rings for me upstairs I`ve got to see something besides 'pichers' of Jack`s treasures.
Joe
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Joe,

You guys are more than welcome to come by anytime to see the things that are in the pictures. Just let me know when you would like to come. I'd be more than happy to show you what I have.

Regards,

Jack
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Sarge,
Just glad I could help, ;) wish I could generate some cash-flow to make some special purchases of my own. :| You guys say a little prayer for me and some state bureaucrats for my return to college for a Master's degree.
Phyrbird
SOKY
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Phirbird....and you are smiling when you said ..glad to help. I appreciate it though and yes, your comments probably pushed me over the edge. Sure is good to have friends come to your aid. Your request is the one thing that requires no cash flow and yet returns unlimited results. Prayer is powerful beyond our understanding. You have mine for your endeavor. Hope one day we will be calling you "Doc" Phrybird.
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Hallelujah :!: :!: Brother
Phyrbird
SOKY