"D" Grade .25 Remington @ Collector's Firearms

Posts about the Model 8
mattitude

"D" Grade .25 Remington @ Collector's Firearms

Post by mattitude »

I check Collector's "new arrivals" page every day (I don't really know why I torture myself with things I can never afford...) and last night I saw that they have a mint "D" grade Model 8 in .25 Remington. She's a bit steep, but is that somewhat reasonable for an example that fine in .25 caliber??? I absolutely love engraved guns and I count myself lucky that I got mine for a reasonable price (and she shoots pretty good as well) so I'm always happy to see another even if it's just in pictures.

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/remin ... em-r15434/
100% disabled veteran
TSgt (ret.) USAF
5 Dec 1990-28 July 2008
AMMO IYAAYAS!
81police

Re: "D" Grade .25 Remington @ Collector's Firearms

Post by 81police »

that D grade is in fantastic condition, a real beauty. 25Rem too!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

You know Matt, posting that link is kinda like all my married buds wanting me to join them in nuptial bliss of my own during my single days. Jump In The Waters Fine !!! :lol: Just kidding ...appreciate the link and always enjoy seeing new ones even if I can`t afford them. Maybe I`ll hit Powerball this weekend.
If nothing else this one sure lets you know what a great buy you made on yours.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

OK, someone face up... who bought it? It's not there, searched the entire sight three different ways no place! :o Anyone save the pictures, price, and particulars for us late to the party on the left coast. And, Mr. Buyer let's see your pix. 8-)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
mattitude

Post by mattitude »

Holy crap that was quick!!! It was put up just last night and she's gone already??? I don't know who bought it, but she was a 98%+ condition with the rounded pistol grip stock and the wood had very nice figuring. Price was 5495.00 and I was wondering if that was a fair price for a "D" grade in pretty much factory-new condition in .25 Remington...I guess that answered my question considering someone snapped it up in less than 24 hours. I should've saved the pictures but I thought it would be hanging around for a little bit because of the price. Boy was I wrong.
imfuncity wrote:OK, someone face up... who bought it? It's not there, searched the entire sight three different ways no place! :o Anyone save the pictures, price, and particulars for us late to the party on the left coast. And, Mr. Buyer let's see your pix. 8-)
100% disabled veteran
TSgt (ret.) USAF
5 Dec 1990-28 July 2008
AMMO IYAAYAS!
Joe Kent

Post by Joe Kent »

Gentlemen, when was the last time you saw a D grade .25 cal. Model 8 for sale? The price was higher than I maybe hoped to pay, but everything I have bought from Collectors has only gone up in value. That is why I ordered it with-in minutes of seeing it. It will join a 35 Caliber D- Grade {not quite as nice} on the rack in a couple of days and to be quite truthful,I am like a kid waiting for Christmas, right now. I will answer any questions once it is in hand. All my very best, Joe.
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Congrats Joe, that looks like a real nice rifle. Dennis
mattitude

Post by mattitude »

You're welcome ;)

In all seriousness, I look at Collector's site every day because they happen to have some of the most beautiful and unique firearms for sale and I get to window shop some really awesome stuff. That rifle you just purchased looked to be museum grade and I hope that you will share pictures (along with your .35 Rem "D" grade that you say you have) as that rifle needs to be visually shared with the rest of us here who appreciate its beauty and will also express their envy.
Joe Kent wrote:Gentlemen, when was the last time you saw a D grade .25 cal. Model 8 for sale? The price was higher than I maybe hoped to pay, but everything I have bought from Collectors has only gone up in value. That is why I ordered it with-in minutes of seeing it. It will join a 35 Caliber D- Grade {not quite as nice} on the rack in a couple of days and to be quite truthful,I am like a kid waiting for Christmas, right now. I will answer any questions once it is in hand. All my very best, Joe.
100% disabled veteran
TSgt (ret.) USAF
5 Dec 1990-28 July 2008
AMMO IYAAYAS!
Joe Kent

Post by Joe Kent »

I too search Collectors' web sight ,along with several others, everyday also. I fully agree with you that they get alot of neat guns that you usually do not see in other places. When I bought it last night, my friends at collectors truthfully told me that they had several serious buyers interested, I have "lost" a couple of very interesting pcs. by debating too long, not this time. As I said before , I cannot wait to get it. My other D-Grade was used in everyday hunting{how cool is that?} and has honest wear but is still neat and I was delighted to find it. Now I am on the hunt for an F-Grade.
81police

Post by 81police »

congrats Joe! That was one of the nicest "D" grades I've seen. I know you're excited for the day you get to pick it up!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Joe Kent

Post by Joe Kent »

Thanks Cam, the only problem is I am continually broke from good deals. There are so many neat guns and so little money. All my very best as always, Joe.
81police

Post by 81police »

that's an easy fix, start selling off some of those Remington's of yours ;)
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
mattitude

Post by mattitude »

Well, at this time I can't say "my OTHER "D" grade but I do have an every day hunting "D" grade .35 Remington myself that I picked up earlier this spring. She does have her original bluing but at one time a previous owner either tried to or did mount some type of receiver sight so she has 2 extra holes in her left side & a replacement buttstock w/recoil pad. I'm taking her hunting this fall to see how well my 105 year old girl will do.
Joe Kent wrote:My other D-Grade was used in everyday hunting{how cool is that?} and has honest wear but is still neat and I was delighted to find it. Now I am on the hunt for an F-Grade.
100% disabled veteran
TSgt (ret.) USAF
5 Dec 1990-28 July 2008
AMMO IYAAYAS!
Joe Kent

Post by Joe Kent »

Mattitude, a very neat rifle. You are a braver man than me to actually take a D-Grade into the field. Not that it won't do the job, only that I would hate to damage a part. None-the- less you are a "class act" in doing it. All my best, Joe.
mattitude

Post by mattitude »

Joe, believe me I've gotten a lot of encouragement from the folks here to take her afield and I did work up a sweetheart 180gr. load that is an absolute pussycat. Also there is another thread when I was visited by a forum member & his son-in-law not too long ago and we took her to the range. His S-I-L shot an incredible .4" 3-shot group @ 50 yards with my "D" grade, so I know she can shoot exceptionally. Also if my guns don't get regular use then I typically sell them for something that I will shoot. I have regretted plenty of sales & trades, but that's just how I operate.
100% disabled veteran
TSgt (ret.) USAF
5 Dec 1990-28 July 2008
AMMO IYAAYAS!
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey Joe Kent,
I can't wait to see pics of your new D-grade rifle. I'm sure it's a once in a lifetime piece .
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Very cool "one of US" got it. You are not the only one that can hardly wait. Did someone say pictures....P-L-E-A-S-E!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Oh, BTW great score, Joe - enjoy.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine